White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
Has he had more than the one incident and was it as violent as it is being portrayed here? I thought there was an incident but did he beat the crap of her or was there an altercation?

This is the street corner in Boston right?

If Hudson goes, it has to be for a pitcher.

Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Brett Myers was arrested Friday and charged with hitting his wife in the face on a street not far from Fenway Park.

Myers, who was scheduled to pitch Saturday against the Red Sox, pleaded not guilty to assault charges at his arraignment Friday in Boston Municipal Court, said David Procopio, a spokesman for the Suffolk County District Attorney's office. Myers' next court date is Aug. 4.

Myers was arguing with his wife shortly after midnight at the corner of Boylston and Dalton streets, Procopio said. The woman and two witnesses told police the 25-year-old pitcher hit her. One witness told investigators Myers also pulled her hair.

"The evidence at this point leads us to believe the victim was struck in the left side of her face," Procopio said. He added that investigators are trying to determine if Myers hit her with a fist or open hand and whether he hit her more than once.

Police responded to a 911 call and found Myers' wife crying with a swollen face, Procopio said. Officers found Myers nearby and arrested him. Myers was booked by Boston police and his wife posted his $200 bail. Procopio did not know how long Myers spent in jail.

Link

He's also had near-violent runins with members of the press.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:52 AM)
BNightengale

#mlb #white sox Sox GM Kenny Williams, the king of the trade deadline, is quietly exploring possibility of acquring Brett Myers from Astros 1 minute ago via web

Man, it would really suck having such a piece of s*** on the ballclub. Can we please avoid players that I'm forced to actively root against?

No joke. I couldn't ever bring myself to root for Albert Belle either.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
FakeJoeCowley

My sources say the Sox are close to acquiring Roethlisberger and a woman to be named later for Hudson and Quentin. Ben would start tonight.

5 minutes ago via web

LOL

HA! I took him off my "list" as i've grown it to be a real source of info, not parody.

Cowley was just on Boers and Bernstein saying that KW is still working on something huge and totally under the radar. Bernstein was trying to figure out who that could possibly be, and mentioned this scenario: Edwin Jackson would go to the Nationals, Dunn to the Rays, and Carl Crawford to the White Sox.

Talk about a sleeper...

If Kenny Williams landed Carl Crawford, I'd smack anyone who ever said anything bad about him ever again.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Cowley was just on Boers and Bernstein saying that KW is still working on something huge and totally under the radar. Bernstein was trying to figure out who that could possibly be, and mentioned this scenario: Edwin Jackson would go to the Nationals, Dunn to the Rays, and Carl Crawford to the White Sox.

Talk about a sleeper...

If Kenny Williams landed Carl Crawford, I'd smack anyone who ever said anything bad about him ever again.

I would love him long time.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)

Talk about a sleeper...

Someone emailed that suggestion in...I think it's silly, but who knows.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)

Talk about a sleeper...

My initial reaction is that Cowley could be totally talking out of his ass, and that there's nothing big or new to report other than the rumors that every other national writer is speculating on, and then tomorrow when this "mystery trade" doesn't happen, Cowley just says that it didn't piece together.

How could he know that Williams is working on something "huge" without having any idea of what it is?

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
My initial reaction is that Cowley could be totally talking out of his ass, and that there's nothing big or new to report other than the rumors that every other national writer is speculating on, and then tomorrow when this "mystery trade" doesn't happen, Cowley just says that it didn't piece together.

How could he know that Williams is working on something "huge" without having any idea of what it is?

He's said all along that his source told him that something that will make him say "wow" was in the works and that it wasn't a guy on the radar, but cowley maintains that he has no idea who at all. He also mentioned it with the caveat that "wow" could mean "wow, that's dumb". Who knows.