White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:49 AM)
In 2009, Carlos Carrasco, Michael Taylor,Jason Donald, Kyle Drabek, Lou Marson, and JA Happ(who'll presumably be going to HOU for Oswalt) were all ranked higher than Domonic Brown and then sent away for Lee/Halladay. I understand your point of how deep Philadelphia's farm is, but to suggest they orchestrated these great deals while retaining their best prospect(Brown) isn't exactly true. The Phillies have paid a great deal, for what'll be one of the best one-two in the NL of Halladay/Oswalt. What if they could've retained Lee too? Unbelieveable. Halladay-Lee-Oswalt.

And to the poster suggesting we could trade for Werth and Happ. Happ is most definitely going to HOU and I can't see them trading Werth while Victorino is out.

didn't he shoot JFK?

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
Makes perfect sense. Why wait for the Nats price to come down. Be proactive and get another hitter. I like the mid-rotation starter. The Sox need someone to be a solid #4, as Freddy has thrown a lot of pitches this yr.

I would love Brett Myers for a mid-rotation starter.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
Does the Astros willingness to part with Oswalt suggest that they might be more likely to part with Berkman too?

I don't think the Astros' willingness to part with him has been the issue. The problem is that he wants his $15 million option for next year picked up if traded, not to mention that he is kinda injured, old, and bad this year.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:49 AM)
In 2009, Carlos Carrasco, Michael Taylor,Jason Donald, Kyle Drabek, Lou Marson, and JA Happ(who'll presumably be going to HOU for Oswalt) were all ranked higher than Domonic Brown and then sent away for Lee/Halladay. I understand your point of how deep Philadelphia's farm is, but to suggest they orchestrated these great deals while retaining their best prospect(Brown) isn't exactly true. The Phillies have paid a great deal, for what'll be one of the best one-two in the NL of Halladay/Oswalt. What if they could've retained Lee too? Unbelieveable. Halladay-Lee-Oswalt.

And to the poster suggesting we could trade for Werth and Happ. Happ is most definitely going to HOU and I can't see them trading Werth while Victorino is out.

You got your years mixed up. Going into 2009, Brown was ranked by BA as their #1 prospect. You're thinking 2008.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
The Phillies really f***ed up by trading Lee. I thought it was dumb in the first place, and last time I checked, the players they got back haven't been doing much either.

It's one of my all time stupid baseball moves, along with the Rays drafting Tim Beckham.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
All time in past 3 years*

When Kanye said Beyonce had one of the best videos of *all-time*, he really just meant all time in the past three years.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
Dan Bernstein said from his source, the Sox have a lot of scenarios and Adam Dunn is not the only big name linked with the White Sox.

As they should. You can't put all your fruit in one basket.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (bulokis @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
Dan Bernstein said from his source, the Sox have a lot of scenarios and Adam Dunn is not the only big name linked with the White Sox.

This is trader Kenny we're talking about. If there's a player in the big leagues he doesn't know the price for, I'd be shocked.

Here's what probably happened. Bernstein read on MLB Trade Rumors that the Sox are "all over the place". He then called or texted (sexted!) somebody he knows at the Sox and confirmed it, and then he passed this off as if he was breaking some news on his own.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
Here's what probably happened. Bernstein read on MLB Trade Rumors that the Sox are "all over the place". He then called or texted (sexted!) somebody he knows at the Sox and confirmed it, and then he passed this off as if he was breaking some news on his own.

They did mention Rosenthal's "all over the place" tweet.