AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

aprec32

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 03:40 AM)
Great all around win.

Tigers lose 6 in a row and now Detroit has their own third baseman problem with Brandon Inge out up to 6 weeks with a fractured hand.

I've always liked Inge and think he's one of those guys that brings much more than production to his team. I think this hurts the Tigers a lot.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
Nice to see Hudson with a solid game. Sure it was against an anemic offense but hopefully it'll give him the confidence to attack hitters and be a solid starter for us the rest of the way.

It still shows that he's ready for the majors. An anemic offense like Seattle will still put a hurtin' on a minor league pitcher (most of the time, at least).

So is Quentin's wrist still bothering him?

It appears Hudson had a good game (I'm looking at his pitch f/x charts), he threw his fastball, slider, and change for strikes nearly 65% of the time and got a good whiff rate on his change and slider. Good to see him bounce back, even if the Mariners can't hit.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
So is Quentin's wrist still bothering him?

It appears Hudson had a good game (I'm looking at his pitch f/x charts), he threw his fastball, slider, and change for strikes nearly 65% of the time and got a good whiff rate on his change and slider. Good to see him bounce back, even if the Mariners can't hit.

The thing that did impress me is he really fooled Ichiro a lot by changing speeds on the outer half.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
So he's still day to day?
I'd assume so, but aren't we all? ;)

Carlos Quentin was ready to play in Monday's series opener against the Mariners at Safeco Field, despite a bruised right hand suffered during a steal of third in the sixth inning of Sunday's loss at Target Field.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen decided instead to give his powerful outfielder a full day to heal.

"I'm not going to be an in-and-out, in-and-out thing. I'm going to get him good rest," Guillen said. "Make sure that the hand is good.

"We talked about it yesterday. I talked to him about why I want to get him a full day of rest. He keeps aggravating [the injury], and that's not going to help us. Make sure he's fully recovered and then hopefully he's back in the lineup tomorrow."

Andruw Jones took Quentin's place in right against Seattle's David Pauley, with Mark Kotsay serving as designated hitter. Quentin was scratched from Friday's lineup with a right wrist contusion after being hit by a pitch on Thursday, but this soreness is more in the palm area.

The White Sox don't want to go too long without Quentin, who has 11 home runs and 31 RBIs in his last 24 games.

The important thing is to have him healthy and in the lineup on Wednesday when we face Felix.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
I know this is low-hanging fruit, but just yesterday our season was OVER! and that loss to Minnesota was going to be the END of us, dammit!

So much for that idea.

:gosox2:

I know and Jones should be released ... and he hits that massive bomb.

And Beckham, who many wanted sent down, and if he was sent down would still be in the minors, is red hot and now should be moved up in the order.

On and on.

Message boards are funny.

Not saying I'm not guilty as well, but the team's popularity and guys' popularity are for the most part, day to day.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (westsidesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
In a way, I kinda feel bad for Lillibridge. He was on a tear before Becks started hitting again. As bad as he's been in the past in a Sox uniform, he was really coming through for us when we needed him.

Gordon playing to his potential >>>>>>>>>>>>> feeling sorry for Lillibridge in any way.

QUOTE (westsidesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
In a way, I kinda feel bad for Lillibridge. He was on a tear before Becks started hitting again. As bad as he's been in the past in a Sox uniform, he was really coming through for us when we needed him.

I wonder if its even possible that Lilli has improved his trade value or if the other teams can be fooled in any way...