The Wave Sucks

bigruss

Tonight's game was the first one Ive been to in about 5 years (lived out of state for 5 years, and had unexpected surgery a week before a game I had bought tickets for last summer) and I really enjoyed the game. Overall the game was well played, lots of homeruns (Castro! Paulie and TCQ back to back).

But when Putz came in the 7th to pitch he was getting in a jam, and the crowd started doing the Wave. I wanted to b**** slap each and every one of those fans, we were only up by 3 or 4 and Putz was putting guys on base and letting in a few runs and everybody is just concerned about when the Wave was coming back to them. Only one person mentioned Putz's streak.

I blame the wave for Putz's mini breakdown tonight.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I endorse this whole-heartedly, I actually feel kind of embarrassed when people start doing the wave and I get irritated when people repeatedly try to start it and the fans near them (rightfully) kill it each time by ignoring it. Can't take a hint.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
I endorse this whole-heartedly, I actually feel kind of embarrassed when people start doing the wave and I get irritated when people repeatedly try to start it and the fans near them (rightfully) kill it each time by ignoring it. Can't take a hint.

I see the Wave at every Sox game I go to, and it usually goes all around more than once.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I hate it.

I don't like it and I don't participate in it. It's only ever made me angry once, and that was at a Sox-Angels game where the score was tied, Sox were batting, it was the eighth inning, and for some reason people thought it'd be a good idea to do the wave and not pay attention to the ballgame. All I'm saying though is that the wave doesn't get killed at Sox games -- it happens, and often, especially when the stadium is more than half-full.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
The wave does indeed suck. You know what else sucks? All the $60 "authentics" that people now have. First it was football, then hockey, now their invading baseball stadiums nationally. Disgusting. Just buy the replica for $100.

I have a $30 Beckham authentic. It is actually authentic though. Fell off of a truck.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I hate it.

That.

A friend of mine posted a FB status during the game that said "Doing the wave at the Cell. It went around 5 times!" and I responded "I hate you and everyone else who has ever done the wave at a baseball game."

The wave does indeed suck. You know what else sucks? All the $60 "authentics" that people now have. First it was football, then hockey, now their invading baseball stadiums nationally. Disgusting. Just buy the replica for $100.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Whats is this $60 authentic?

Eh.

I don't do the wave, but I don't care if others do. It's not a big deal to me.

There's a lot of s*** at sporting events I don't like (that idiotic goal song the Hawks use jumps to mind), but even with that, others like it so it's not going anywhere.

I'm not going to waste any more energy being bothered by that song. It's just a dumb song.

Tonight's Sox game features something else I find dumb that others like - paying tribute to a bad hairstyle.

But people are going to enjoy that, too, and it doesn't matter one way or the other.

I detest the wave, too, but this seems a bit snobby. Why let what other people wear (or can afford) bother you?

At the game I was at, there was a group in LF that spent about an inning trying to start the wave. After about 9 failed attempts, I audibly yelled "Oh just watch the game!" at them, possibly including some profanity. 2 pitches later Dayan Viciedo hit his first career HR.

The wave just makes you feel like the people at the game aren't giving two s***s.

Seattle had just scored off J.J. Putz. What do I see? A f***ing wave. Nice to know you're interested in the game people.

I fully endorse this topic, as the wave is terrible. Although, there was one time that I was pretty impressed with it. The fans did a slow motion and sped up version and reverse motion wave, and for that one instance, I allowed the hatred for the wave not to course through my veins.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
I've always hated it and still do but could care less if one starts up. I just ignore it and carry on.

Whenever everyone else stands up and you just sit there, people stare at you.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
Whenever everyone else stands up and you just sit there, people stare at you.

That's why I wear shirts with blood stains all over them when I go to the game. People tend to leave me alone.