Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 04:10 PM)
I just don't get it. He can't hit righties or lefties so why have him as a DH? Just plug in Frodo or the Tank.

Hmm...that could be a good sitcom, Frodo and The Tank.

And if he's playing...why isn't Konerko DHing? Or Quentin? That's sorta supposed to be the point. Not to put Kotsay at DH, but to put Kotsay in the field and rotate the DH.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
I just don't get it. He can't hit righties or lefties so why have him as a DH? Just plug in Frodo or the Tank.

Hmm...that could be a good sitcom, Frodo and The Tank.

Or Stealth Elf and The Tank

Law and Order Elven Tank

Tank the Elf Slayer

Kotsay could be the annoying neighbor that always gets drunk at a party and falls off the porch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
And if he's playing...why isn't Konerko DHing? Or Quentin? That's sorta supposed to be the point. Not to put Kotsay at DH, but to put Kotsay in the field and rotate the DH.

It's awful managing plain and simple. There really is no excuse to botch the lineup like this on a regular basis.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
I like the "hit now or forever hold your peace" theory that was brought up in another thread. It makes watching him hit in 3 games over the last 2 days easier to handle.

Too bad it's just a theory at this point. Id like some reassurance that he'll be gone soon.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
f***ing Kotsay again. Unreal.

*shakes head*

Its funny, we all think this and know that he is going to play but we still feel compelled to repeat ourselves over and over again and comment on how much we wish he wasn't playing.

I think that is a testament to how bad the situation is.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Its funny, we all think this and know that he is going to play but we still feel compelled to repeat ourselves over and over again and comment on how much we wish he wasn't playing.

It's definitely reaching a tipping point with a portion of the fan base.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
I'll bet you never thought you'd agree with it.

Not to this extent, no. I've been looking forward to getting him back, but that's because I assumed he'd be a great bench player the rest of the way, and they'd be able to either deal him or find a role that suits him next season. I didn't anticipate him coming on to be the DH (or the should-be DH) for this club.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)

Not me. I expect to see his name in there everyday so I'm used to it and it doesn't anger me at all. If it was up to me, the Tank would play every single day, though, and Mark Kotsay would be a fast fading memory. He's worse than Erstad and that's saying a lot. Oh, maybe just as bad as Erstad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
I'll bet you never thought you'd agree with it.

And rightfully so. I'm counting down the days till Teahen gets back to replace Kotsay (well.... HOPEFULLY replace) in the lineup.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
I just wish we could do something about Kotsay . It's a powerless feeling to be part of the overwhelming majority of people who recognize that Mark Kotsay is a detriment to this team, and who know that Ozzie doesn't give a damn.

I'm used to that feeling. From watching Rob Mackowiak have a ball go over his head every game for 3 months in 2006 that someone else would have caught, to Darin Erstad playing everyday in 2007, to Dewayne Wise being given the starting CF position and leadoff hitter's job in 2009, it's not like this is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.