6-0 and 0-6

hi8is

Please, Jesus... Buddha.... Allah.... Krishnia... Jehovah.... Lao Tuz.... Santa Claus... Chewbacca... Rowdy Roddy Piper.... Flying Spaghetti Monster and every other god in the book.

Please let the white sox sweep the next two series and let the twins get swept in their next two series.

Edited by hi8is

No matter how you slice it, the Sox need to sweep KC and hope Cleveland comes through and plays spoiler. Going into the series against the Twins 5 games or less out would be acceptable. Then they have to take at least 2 of 3, but we're almost to the point of needing the sweep.

The next 9 games may tell the season. I think it's either going to be over or an extreme nailbiter come Monday the 20th.

I'll start by saying that I already believe this season to be over. Even if I didn't, the White Sox would still NEED to sweep the Twins series to have a chance. Gaining one game against them wouldn't be enough. Even though failing to sweep wouldn't mathematically eliminate them, I can't see how anyone doesn't understand that a sweep is entirely necessary.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
I'll start by saying that I already believe this season to be over. Even if I didn't, the White Sox would still NEED to sweep the Twins series to have a chance. Gaining one game against them wouldn't be enough. Even though failing to sweep wouldn't mathematically eliminate them, I can't see how anyone doesn't understand that a sweep is entirely necessary.

Entire necessity indeed.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)

I'm starting to believe that the season is over, too. That's not to say I won't watch the games and cheer them on. I will, and I won't say it's over until they are officially eliminated. Looking at this next week and a half, realistically, I don't see the Twins losing enough to allow the Sox to catch up. I think the Sox will win most of these games, but I don't feel good about the Twins series. I would not be surprised one bit if Minny takes 2 of 3. If the Sox go 7-2 over the next games, it won't mean much if the Twins do the same or even slightly worse. And I'm not sure the Twins are going to slow down. Who knows, maybe they will hit a wall like the Sox did in Detroit.

Long story short, all we can do is cheer our team on and hope they win every game. All the while, we also have to cheer for Cleveland, Oakland, Detroit, KC, and Toronto. I still think the season will come down to the last 5 or 7 games...let's just hope the Sox are trying to eliminate the Twins at that point.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
Please, Jesus... Buddha.... Allah.... Krishnia... Jehovah.... Lao Tuz.... Santa Claus... and every other god in the book.

Please let the white sox sweep the next two series and let the twins get swept in their next two series.

I personally pray to the intergalactic holy trinity of Santa Claus, Chewbacca and Rowdy Roddy Piper. :pray

Edited by JPN366

I was looking at the Twins schedule and its pretty easy. The only team left to even give them a challenge would be that final 4 games vs Toronto. Maybe even Oakland. But the fact of the matter is, we need to win the next 6 and Minny needs to lose 4 of 6 to give us a chance. Meaning- lose 3 vs us and 1 vs the Tribe. If that happens we are 2 games back and still alive. We played pretty poorly the past 3 games. They really need a good win tonight combined with a Twin loss to give us some minor hope if any.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
I'm starting to believe that the season is over, too. That's not to say I won't watch the games and cheer them on. I will, and I won't say it's over until they are officially eliminated. Looking at this next week and a half, realistically, I don't see the Twins losing enough to allow the Sox to catch up. I think the Sox will win most of these games, but I don't feel good about the Twins series. I would not be surprised one bit if Minny takes 2 of 3. If the Sox go 7-2 over the next games, it won't mean much if the Twins do the same or even slightly worse. And I'm not sure the Twins are going to slow down. Who knows, maybe they will hit a wall like the Sox did in Detroit.

Long story short, all we can do is cheer our team on and hope they win every game. All the while, we also have to cheer for Cleveland, Oakland, Detroit, KC, and Toronto. I still think the season will come down to the last 5 or 7 games...let's just hope the Sox are trying to eliminate the Twins at that point.

Why would Minny take 2 out of 3 on the road against the Sox? LOL. Minny just came off an extended homestand. Everybody has built them up like they're some amazing world beating team. Did you forget before their homestand they lost 3 out of 4 on the road to Texas? They just lost to Cleveland on the road. They're not some amazing road team. I'm not saying a sweep is probable. Tho I like the Sox to take 2 out of 3. Everything will have to be going our way to sweep them. Also we have Manny Ramirez and he changes the lineup now. It's gonna be a fun series as long as we don't stumble the rest of the way against KC. Heck we might even gain another game before we play Minnesota.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz