Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
I want Angle to have one more E run. Him vs Punk or Bryan would rule. Even Sheamus.

He'd have to get Vince to allow a part-time schedule, and VKM just gave one of those to Brock. Not sure if he'd want another part-timer on the roster.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
These 3 hour Raw shows are dreadful to attend.

Yeah, I was there last night, and there was some boring ass moments. Divas match pretty much got no pops or heat. And it was a botch fest. The Kane and Daniel Bryan thing went on too long. And last, but not least, the love for Punk disgusts me. Seems like the guy could do no wrong in Chicago.

It may have sucked in person but on tv, I thought the hug segment was funny. Even attending the 2 hour Raws in person were boring. You could always tell where the commercial breaks were and the shows rarely flow well.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 06:50 PM)
I've never asked this, are there any other of you that follow/used to follow Indy wrestling? Just curious...I know I saw flippedoutpunk has a Human Tornado icon.

Not really, although I had one friend who worked for Windy City Wrestling a long time ago and another friend tried to start his own indy fed.

I actually managed him one time in Wisconsin - did my very best Bobby Heenan imitation, including his "cower in the corner and try to shake the guy's hand" routine, took a noggin-knocker with my "protege" :lolhitting and flopped out of the ring onto the concrete floor.

I had fun, and a couple weeks later actually got recognized in a mall up there and SIGNED AN AUTOGRAPH for a little kid!!!!

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
Not really, although I had one friend who worked for Windy City Wrestling a long time ago and another friend tried to start his own indy fed.

I actually managed him one time in Wisconsin - did my very best Bobby Heenan imitation, including his "cower in the corner and try to shake the guy's hand" routine, took a noggin-knocker with my "protege" :lolhitting and flopped out of the ring onto the concrete floor.

I had fun, and a couple weeks later actually got recognized in a mall up there and SIGNED AN AUTOGRAPH for a little kid!!!!

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Lol awesome story...Windy City, I believe, was the first fed I ever saw, around 13 years ago id say...King Kong Bundy and Koko B. Ware were actually there. It may have been Ringside Wrestling I get those 2 mixed up a lot....I know one of them was run by Rex Hart, who now runs the promotion I'm gonna try to catch a break in, and the other one is the one I saw first.

I haven't been to an Indy show in over a year now and I miss it, the only quality fed out there that comes to the Chicago area is ROH and they only come around 2 or 3 times a year....Gone are the days where I can see IWA MS once or twice a month which is a huge bummer for me....Its ridiculous how much better Indy wrestling is compared to the WWE and IMO its not even up for debate.

QUOTE (elamins @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
My buddy actually does run an indy fed that is starting back up in a couple weeks. They shut shows down a while back so they could get a new venue. I also have a couple friends who wrestle for the indy fed POWW.

Is your friend Ian Rotten? lol. Ian ran the IWA MS company (the fed that gave Punk his first big break) that I followed has repeatedly opened and closed due to money issues. They keep trying to make a comeback but keep failing.