Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
I thought Benoit has made as subtle as possible on the network, and only is shown when necessary

He's not in any descriptions but matches are there. Dumb to suspend a guy for playing if that's true. I question the validity of the claim.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 05:21 PM)
I thought Benoit has made as subtle as possible on the network, and only is shown when necessary

All his matches on PPV's are there to see on the network.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 12:55 AM)
Honestly, pretty embarrassing for the sport of MMA.

I'm obviously a huge fan of Punk but ya this is just a quick way for both parties to make some money. This is really something Dana hasn't done in the past but I guess with buyrates being down, he decided he wanted to bring in someone that will draw some eyes over.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
I'm obviously a huge fan of Punk but ya this is just a quick way for both parties to make some money. This is really something Dana hasn't done in the past but I guess with buyrates being down, he decided he wanted to bring in someone that will draw some eyes over.

It's obviously for publicity, but it will be similar to Herschel Walker's fights in Strikeforce where he'll have to fight opponents a commission will approve, which will be interesting. it won't be like Lesnar where he'll get high end fights, they just won't be sanctioned.

Ufc probably saw it as Bellator or WSF was going to do it if they didn't, so they may as well reap the publicity

I see no problem with this. The guy used his notoriety to access something he's wanted to do for a while, the UFC gets some publicity (not that they need it), he's not costing anyone "their spot" as White has already said that he'll be matched with someone with few, if any, prior fights, and Punk understands that he's going to take punishment. Good for Punk to do what he wants.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 04:49 PM)
Complains about Vince mcmahon....then goes and works for Dana White. Lol

I dont agree with you that everything Punk said in the podcast was lies, but I do agree that this is really flying in the face of a lot of things he complained about. Especially him being bitter about part timers like the Rock and Batista coming in and getting main events while he worked year round and was screwed at Mania. He just leapfrogged a lot of MMA fighters who have been trying to scale the ladder, and only because he knows Dana and he is a "name"