Official Squared Circle Thread

Man I got suckered into going to a friends house not knowing he has an annoying brat kid who really killed a lot of it for me. I was somewhat underwhelmed overall but I think that has something to do with her and my mood.

I of course still loved seeing Cesaro beast it and split with Swagger. He was my MVP of the show. Was there ever anything said about the winner of the battle royal getting a title shot??

I can believe the whole Taker losing was his decision stuff floating around, and have no problem with it whatsoever. Glad I didn't hear about it before hand because it woulda took away from the shock factor.

I of course didn't like the Cena/Wyatt outcome, but I don't expect Wyatt to fade into obscurity, wouldn't doubt that the feud continues.

Hurray for Bryan...Hopefully they make him a true fighting champion who takes on all comers, heel and face.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 11:48 PM)
Btw most importantly...AJ is still the champ!

I read where she's supposed to come out tomorrow and talk about how none of the diva can beat her and then Paige comes out and they set up a feud. That'd be fantastic. I loves me some Paige.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 11:37 PM)
WWE authority figure Vickie Guerrero is leaving WWE after WMXXX. The widow of Eddie Guerrero is leaving on good terms and will be pursuing a career outside the industry.

Good f***ing riddance. Never liked her, and not in the correct way. She was in that Jeff Jarrett/Sean Waltman/Chyna "get off my television" category.

The Brock/Taker finish looked like a mistake to me, the way Taker appeared to kick out at the last microsecond, and then the way no one really knew how to react in the ring afterwards. Also no music hitting and Heyman's reaction (which was gold, as usual). If they planned all of that, then major kudos to WWE for making it a true shocking moment.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 05:55 AM)
The Brock/Taker finish looked like a mistake to me, the way Taker appeared to kick out at the last microsecond, and then the way no one really knew how to react in the ring afterwards. Also no music hitting and Heyman's reaction (which was gold, as usual). If they planned all of that, then major kudos to WWE for making it a true shocking moment.

They put 21-1 graphics up immediately and looking back, WWE printing a Eat Sleep Beat the Streak t shirt makes a lot more sense. Cole definitely knew listening to him. Heyman based on his reaction I'm not so sure. But dude is the most amazing actor in the business so he probably did. The no music playing was brilliant. It lead to the most amazing crowd reaction I've ever seen.

HHH-Bryan was really good, I was glad the show started with that match

Cena Wyatt was absolutely slow, plodding, and terrible, and did nothing but push Wyatts character down. How they can take Wyatt from having an amazing match win against Bryan in the rumble to that snoozefest loss against Cena is beyond me. It did absolutely nothing for either characters storyline, and actually made Cena look worse for it(if that is even possible).

Taker Brock was slow and bad until the ending, which saved it because nobody saw it coming. Bottom line is, Taker obviously hasnt been training for this match, and that is sad. He looked out of shape, slow, and done. Reports are saying he did suffer a concussion and neck injury on an early spot in the match, so maybe that contributed, but still. Not an enjoyable match to watch.

Im not even going to rate the womans match because. just because.

Cesaro putting Show over the rope was unbelievable. Not only did he lift show up, but he made it look easy, took two steps and dumped him. That is some serious muscle, and Cesaro needs a push. NOW

Final match was really good, at one point i was sideways hoping for a CM Punk save against the authority, but i am glad it didnt happen and they let Bryan win on his own. Great pop for the win.

Good wrestlemania, a few quibbles on little things here and there, but in the end it was a good show.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 04:22 AM)
They put 21-1 graphics up immediately and looking back, WWE printing a Eat Sleep Beat the Streak t shirt makes a lot more sense. Cole definitely knew listening to him. Heyman based on his reaction I'm not so sure. But dude is the most amazing actor in the business so he probably did. The no music playing was brilliant. It lead to the most amazing crowd reaction I've ever seen.

Yeah, I'm sure it was planned that way, although I would bet anything that they had 22-0 and 21-1 graphics ready just to be covered for any result.

Usos vs Real Americans- *** - This was a spectacular tag match between 2 great teams.. I'm not acknowledging 2 other teams were in this. Where does the tag division go from here? There are only 4 tag teams left and 2 of them are complete dogs***. The other 2, Usos and Rhodes, can't really face each other

HHH vs Bryan- ****.5*- Match of the night for sure. The buildup really paid off. I for one am not tired of Trips.

Shield vs Kane/NAO- *- Kind of wish the Shield had bigger plans here. The ending move was pretty awesome though.

Battle Royale-***- disaster of a start but it got really incredible down to the last 8 guys or so. Kofi with his best spot ever, del Rio and Sheamus going out together and then of course Cesaro picking up Big Show.

Cena vs Wyatt- ***.5*- little slow for my tastes but the ring psychology of this match was something I haven't really seen before. So awesome. It just didn't pay off for a meaningful ending.

Undertaker vs Brock- *.5*- I'm not sure how to rate this. Terrible match but the most shocking moment evar.

Divas s*** show- .5*- whatever

Main Event-****- the Rko power bomb spot was incredible. Glad to see trips out there and finally get a taste of his own medicine. Incredible stuff here.

One of the best WMs ever. Even the weaker matches had awesome moments. Except for the divas s***. We'll remember this for launching the reality era the same way people remember WrestleMania 17.

Good recap.

One little thing I really enjoyed was them tying up the Scott Armstrong story. The E usually just throws that stuff out the window so that's nice that they didn't here.

The reaction after the Taker match was indeed priceless. The thing that bothers me here is it should have been Bray to do it. That makes so much sense on so many levels.

Overall it was a very good show besides the Brock-Taker disappointment and LOLCENAWINS.

I think the part of the Cena match that bothered me the most was him pretending like he was going to lose it. He couldnt even do that convincingly.

It is stuff like that which makes me feel Cena will never be able to be a heel. he just isnt convincing. Always gonna be stuck right underneath face and right above heel. Hardcore wrestling fans despise him, kids love him

The Undertaker thing was strange. I have to believe its what he wanted, because it just makes no sense for WWE to throw away a moment like that on Brock Lesnar.

The rest was pretty same old same old, not really a fan of a forced triple threat match for a title. It also was just too predictable. Once Taker lost there was just no way Orton was winning.

And the buildup for Cena/Wyatt was silly. We kept joking what could happen for us to forget about Cena's legacy, it was things like "he hits a kid in the crowd", etc. The only way any of that would have made sense was if they just made Cena go berserk and flip to heel through a DQ or something. Otherwise not really sure what the point was, Cena is a wrestler, now its out of character for him to beat people up?

Expected a bit more for XXX.

Ok, here comes my Undertaker rant.

When was the last time you actually thought the streak had a chance of ending? Maybe 26, 24 with Edge? I'd say 21 vs Orton.

Although his matches the past few years have been top notch, the result was never in doubt.

Yes, I would've preferred a Bray, Reigns, or even Cesaro ending it, but it was Takers choice.

Say Taker won and they did the Sting build up for a year. Does anyone really think Sting would end the streak? No way. Now, you could do Sting vs UT and the result isn't as predictable now that the streak is over. The match could blow though.

Brock hasn't lost in a year and could be a big challenger to DB now.

I would've liked for UT to retire with the streak, but I'm not pissed about it like a lot of fans. It created an effective reaction and feeling when he lost. I actually gasped and the after math was well done. Few people remember how dull the match was now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
Ok, here comes my Undertaker rant.

When was the last time you actually thought the streak had a chance of ending? Maybe 26, 24 with Edge? I'd say 21 vs Orton.

Although his matches the past few years have been top notch, the result was never in doubt.

Yes, I would've preferred a Bray, Reigns, or even Cesaro ending it, but it was Takers choice.

Say Taker won and they did the Sting build up for a year. Does anyone really think Sting would end the streak? No way. Now, you could do Sting vs UT and the result isn't as predictable now that the streak is over. The match could blow though.Brock hasn't lost in a year and could be a big challenger to DB now.

I would've liked for UT to retire with the streak, but I'm not pissed about it like a lot of fans. It created an effective reaction and feeling when he lost. I actually gasped and the after math was well done. Few people remember how dull the match was now.

You know, I had the exact same thought last night. Sting doesnt have to worry about coming in and dropping to Taker, merely because of the weight of the Streak. It will be a match where either of them could win.

Seriously though, Taker needs to get himself in better match shape if he does this next year. He looked awful, totally out of shape. When they showed his highlight package, he looked 40-50 lbs heavier

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 11:38 AM)
Was that Daniel Bryans sister and niece that jumped in the ring with him? Brie Bella tweeted that she wasnt allowed to join him in the ring, which i found weird

Twas, have you seen Wrestling Road Diaries? Bryan stays at her house at one point.

Also, Sting/UT, the actual match, would be turrable. The buildup and the spectacle might be worth it though.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
I kind of think Taker may be done.

Lesnar looked terrible as well, there were a few moments when I wasnt sure that he could finish the match. And my friend thought he messed up the one lock to slam move so they had to redo it.

I agree with you on UT, I thought throughout the match he looked awful.

I'll cut Brock some slack and place most of the "blame" on UT, Brock has a good track record of putting on good matches, but I don't think he's the type of worker who could carry that type of match.

Following last night's match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30, the Undertaker was taken to the hospital. There was a fear that he had suffered a concussion and a possible neck injury. He was expected to remain overnight for observation. The injury was believed to have happened early in the match when Undertaker took a bad fall off a single leg takedown.

This had nothing to do with the finish of the match; the finish was said to have gone off exactly as planned. Speaking of the finish, the story going around was that only a few people knew, but the betting did not reflect that. Lesnar went from a 40-to-1 underdog to the actual favorite on several gambling sites in the last hour before the match.

Per 411wrestling

I think WWE does not know what to do with Sting now, I think Taker is done.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
I think WWE does not know what to do with Sting now, I think Taker is done.

I knew Sting was coming in, but didn't know exactly what the plan was. So if they were going to do a match with him and UT and 31, were they going to introduce him at the end of 2014 and do like a 4 month build? Was he going to come in soon and do something?

For UT losing to Brock, I see it. This was a MAJOR put-over. I know people are excited about the younger guys mentioned in this thread, but honestly, they haven't earned it IMO. Brock is part time yes, but unless there is something crazy, he's not going back to UFC. No reason he can't be the part time star UT was for many years, and to me, that's an appropriate passing of the torch.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 12:19 PM)
I knew Sting was coming in, but didn't know exactly what the plan was. So if they were going to do a match with him and UT and 31, were they going to introduce him at the end of 2014 and do like a 4 month build? Was he going to come in soon and do something?

For UT losing to Brock, I see it. This was a MAJOR put-over. I know people are excited about the younger guys mentioned in this thread, but honestly, they haven't earned it IMO. Brock is part time yes, but unless there is something crazy, he's not going back to UFC. No reason he can't be the part time star UT was for many years, and to me, that's an appropriate passing of the torch.

I think original plan was Sting to show up tonight and challenge Taker at WM 31. Sting has said he will only wrestle 1 match in WWE and that would be against Taker. Looks like that ship has sailed.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 06:19 PM)
I knew Sting was coming in, but didn't know exactly what the plan was. So if they were going to do a match with him and UT and 31, were they going to ihe's aoduce him at the end of 2014 and do like a 4 month build? Was he going to come in soon and do something?

Agreed. Brock was the absolute perfect choice. A) you need a heel. people will HATE whoever ends the streak. Brock is a monster heel with the greatest heel voice of our time at his side. B) you need someone established. Roman Reigns or whoever could very well be wrestling in bingo halls in two years, like every other young star seemingly soon to be crowned next big thing for the last decade. You cant waste this. C) make it believable. Taker has survived absolute brutality in these matches. Brock is a monster UFC world champion and is pretty much the last cross brand star the WWE has left (well Cena too). D) you need something surprising. Okay maybe you don't but if made it all the more better.

The only concern I have is that Brock is part time. But he can't go back to UFC so what else is he going to do? I bet he agreed to pick up more dates as a result of this. The only other choice I can think of is Wyatt. But he's still probably not established enough and his gimmick could very well get stale.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
I think the problem is the fight just seemingly wasnt brutal enough to beat Undertaker. When Taker lost I expected there to be blood, broken caskets, etc. It was just kind of odd.

This is just popping up now. Well we knew he was hurt but apparently he was very very injured right at the start. X Pacs twitter almost makes me think he broke his neck.