Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)
Craziness, at least wwe did him right at the end

He seems kinda odd that he would off himself after getting a send off but seemed to be a good family guy now.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TMZ reports that Warrior collapsed outside his hotel in Arizona at 5:50PM PT on April 8th. He was walking to his car with his wife. He was then transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead

I went back and listened to his words again from Raw very haunting. My gosh I guess we all should enjoy everyday above ground.

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend markers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"

RIP Warrior

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 12:37 AM)
He was shaking at Mania, but damn that is just messed up.

He also was barely able to shake the ropes it looked like.....Just spit balling here, can a bad cycle of roids do you in? From what I remember he always kept him self in shape over the years but he was looking really stacked for a guy his age.

I'm not listening to it but sounds like Colin Cowherd is using this to put down wrestling on his show.

We all get why people don't watch but to use a human beings death to mock a billion dollar business is weak. I could argue that sports talk show host aren't real journalists and shouldn't be taken seriously.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
I'm not listening to it but sounds like Colin Cowherd is using this to put down wrestling on his show.

We all get why people don't watch but to use a human beings death to mock a billion dollar business is weak. I could argue that sports talk show host aren't real journalists and shouldn't be taken seriously.

That imbecile shouldn't be taken seriously ever. He's nothing but a Mariotti.

It is said that there were several people who were displeased backstage about the decision to have Undertaker lose to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30, but were not able (and won't) say anything publicly about it.

- The decision to end the streak was reportedly made by Vince McMahon, not Undertaker.

- Regarding who knew ahead of time that the Streak was ending, it is certain that Vince McMahon, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and Paul Heyman knew, and possibly Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Beyond that, it is difficult to say. No finish was listed on the script but that isn't unusual and it wasn't the only one for the PPV. None of the agents reportedly knew.

- Those who saw Undertaker backstage at Raw said that he had a heavy limp and looked to be "in rough shape."

The referee in the Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker match didn't know the end result. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Chad Patton was actually informed ahead of the match that Undertaker would win, but complied with the rule given to all WWE referees. That rules is that if a wrestler does not kick out, you go ahead and finish with the three count as if it were exactly what was planned.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to this Undertaker did NOT make the call.

Edited by Soxfest

Sting has reportedly signed a contract with WWE. According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the contract is official and the deal includes time on TV, though it is not yet known when he'll debut and how frequently he'll be used.

There have been reports and rumors for years that Sting would eventually come over to WWE, always ramping up around WrestleMania for a potential match with Undertaker. These rumors heated up significantly over the last few months in regard to a potential match at WrestleMania 31, though with the Streak being broken and Undertaker being in bad shape, that appears much less likely.

Sting's last TNA appearance was at the Genesis-themed Impact, and his contract expired after. He was taking off TNA's official roster page earlier this month. He is considered to be the last legend of the modern wrestling era who has never worked for WWE.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)

Apparently Nancy Grace used this to go off on wrestling as well. It's disgraceful.

And she did it with DDP on the show who is basically the biggest f***in saint to ever wrestle.

Edited by Rowand44

Diamond Dallas Page issued the following statement today regarding his appearance on the controversial Nancy Grace segment on The Ultimate Warrior last night.

"I went on Nancy Grace last night expecting to discuss Warrior the man. Had I known the only topic discussed would be steroids I would not have participated. At the time I was also unaware of the list that was shown to the viewing audience. To imply that all of the wrestlers on that list died from steroids was wrong and for that they owe the families an apology. Again, my only intention was to discuss Warrior the man and share some stories about how dedicated he was to the wrestling business. I am saddened that was not what happened and my thoughts remain with his family.

Rajah.com

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)
Apparently before last night he's only won 3 singles matches since the start of 2012.

it's like they saw the success of Daniel Bryan and figured out who looks like him most.

It's another exact rip off of WWE. Won a match earlier to get the shot later. They have no originality.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
It is said that there were several people who were displeased backstage about the decision to have Undertaker lose to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30, but were not able (and won't) say anything publicly about it.

- The decision to end the streak was reportedly made by Vince McMahon, not Undertaker.

- Regarding who knew ahead of time that the Streak was ending, it is certain that Vince McMahon, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and Paul Heyman knew, and possibly Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Beyond that, it is difficult to say. No finish was listed on the script but that isn't unusual and it wasn't the only one for the PPV. None of the agents reportedly knew.

- Those who saw Undertaker backstage at Raw said that he had a heavy limp and looked to be "in rough shape."

The referee in the Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker match didn't know the end result. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Chad Patton was actually informed ahead of the match that Undertaker would win, but complied with the rule given to all WWE referees. That rules is that if a wrestler does not kick out, you go ahead and finish with the three count as if it were exactly what was planned.

According to this Undertaker did NOT make the call.

I don't see any way that Undertaker was not involved in the decision to end the streak. Further more, I don't believe that the official didn't know the finish. You're telling me that when his arm got to two and a half he was like "I guess this guy isn't going to kick out" and in that split second ended the match even though going into it he was told Undertaker was to win the match?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 01:05 AM)
What do you mean about DDP?

He basically saved the lives of Scott Hall and Jake Roberts. Long story short, brought both of them into his home and helped get them sober when they were both basically goners. There's obviously more to it if you want to google the whole story but that's a real quick summary.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 11, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
He basically saved the lives of Scott Hall and Jake Roberts. Long story short, brought both of them into his home and helped get them sober when they were both basically goners. There's obviously more to it if you want to google the whole story but that's a real quick summary.

There's an HBO Real Sports segment on it. HBO would not make it a puff piece on purpose and DDP comes off looking good.