2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
I love that show because there are very few likable characters. That sounds odd.

Found a place that is selling the Complete Series of "The SHield" on DVD for $69. Got it for my dad for Christmas. I have never seen the show and will watch it when he is done, but he likes those types of shows.

That's a big box of awesome. $69 is a good deal too. Vic Mackey is king!

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Community's Halloween episode was pretty much an instant classic for me. Best Halloween episode of any show iv ever seen.

community is one of the most ridiculous shows I've ever come across, but definitely pulls it off.

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
community is one of the most ridiculous shows I've ever come across, but definitely pulls it off.

That's why it's so good, you never know what to expect because it's so out of left field most of the time.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
The

Walking

Dead

This is, honestly, the strongest debut of a show that I can remember. The scenes make it look even better. I cannot wait for next week, and this has already become my most-highly anticipated program.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
I knew the Always Sunny Episode would go over well, it was hilarious from start to finish.

I still have a copy of one more un-aired episode I have to watch.

When the ostrich showed up, that was the hardest I've laughed watching TV in as long as I can remember.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
Is anyone else getting a little lost with the SOA storyline? I know they've explained who's doing what and why but I'm still not sure I get it. It seems like everyone is trying to kill/double-cross everyone else.

Here is what I think;

The Irish are trying to move Jimmy out but he has enough Irish support that it will not be that easy. SAMCRO is brought in to do the job using Abel as the pawn. Charming SAMCRO wants Jimmy dead but the the Belfast SMACRO work with Jimmy thus the issue and why the groups are divided. Gemma's first husband and Clay's predessecor had a thing with the bird from the IRA thus there is a bond between Jax and the IRA in that but Gemma wants no part of any of this crap but she needs to play along.

The Belfast / Jimmy connection is really only two guys whose names escape me but the long term cool thing and a possible extension fo the show could be Chibs hanging in with Belfast andthe IRA.

The Hale thing is gettting good back in old Charming.

Hopefully SAMCRO starts kicking some ass again.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
The Belfast / Jimmy connection is really only two guys whose names escape me

Yes, it's those two I'm trying to figure out. One of them is 'First 9' and he seems a little torn on what's happening. It's just odd to me that they seem to be more loyal to Jimmy O than SAMCRO.

It's also a little creepy with the flirting going on between Trinity and Jax.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
Is anyone else getting a little lost with the SOA storyline? I know they've explained who's doing what and why but I'm still not sure I get it. It seems like everyone is trying to kill/double-cross everyone else.

I see everyone's angle, but it's almost like they're just trying to muddy up the storyline so that you have no chance at guessing what happens next.

I have to be honest, the show's starting to bother me this season. The extreme focus on Gemma to the detriment of the storyline is the prime example, but this past episode had a couple more things that just made me think they're throwing s*** at the wall to see what sticks. How did they not know immediately that the one Irish guy set off the bomb? Come on, he walks out and suddenly the doors get locked and the bomb goes off, and he's out of sight. Nobody thought to check him or go look where he supposedly took a s*** to find the detonator? And then that stupid s*** with the supervisor having a gang tattoo on her back?

I swear they're just trying to throw so much s*** out there that you don't expect the next surprise.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
Yes, it's those two I'm trying to figure out. One of them is 'First 9' and he seems a little torn on what's happening. It's just odd to me that they seem to be more loyal to Jimmy O than SAMCRO.

It's also a little creepy with the flirting going on between Trinity and Jax.

Liam (the dark haired Irish SOA member) is obviously the bad guy. Keith (the tall, bald Irish SOA member) is just going along with things. If you remember, Liam mentioned to Jimmy O that Keith didn't have the balls to take out SAMCRO. In the last episode, Keith was obviously under the impression that the police at the random stop were going to arrest and deport SAMCRO, thus not harming them. He had no idea that Liam was going to set off that bomb on the farm.

Liam is likely going along with the IRA because of money and/or allegiance to the cause, whereas the rest of the Irish SOA members are either ignorant to the situation, doing what Jimmy O says for fear of IRA retaliation (which is smart, as there's no way SOA can stand up to the IRA), or a combination of both.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (3E8 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
Cutthroat was hilarious. What the hell happened to Ty. He's a b****, I'm glad he lost. My DVR missed the next week preview, is CT finally gonna be on

Ty is all muscle, no endurance.

No CT on the previews. You know he won't be on til near the end. I'm guessing you have to compete against him in the Gulag as a challenge or something and it will be disappointing.