IT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Quin

When it was time to run out and the team made Paulie run out alone, and then AJ. TOTAL CLASS. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen, in a season full of classy Sox moments (Frank Thomas day, Nancy's goodbye).

God I hope Paulie and AJ are back next year.

It's great to see Ozzie go over 600 wins as WSox skipper here to end the season (my apologies if this has already been brought up).

I'm still not convinced Ozzie will be back next year. While I agree you could argue he's always had a winnable schedule and should have won the division more than twice in his seven year stint...subtract the 90 loss season where EVERYTHING went wrong and Ozzie averaged winning near 90 games/year in a time where the AL has been crazy good.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)
Not a chance he wins it, as his error total climbed too high. I believe he ended with 19.

In every other statistic, traditional and advanced, he's the far and away best SS, but because he made 20 errors the votes will look at the golden boy Jeter for the glove.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
Not a chance he wins it, as his error total climbed too high. I believe he ended with 19.

Alexei is pretty special with that leather, but they probbaly give it to Jeter just cause he's a Yankmee. Now Alexei might have a pretty good chance for the Silver Slugger though unless they give that to Jeter cause he's a Yankmee

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
Alexei is pretty special with that leather, but they probbaly give it to Jeter just cause he's a Yankmee. Now Alexei might have a pretty good chance for the Silver Slugger though unless they give that to Jeter cause he's a Yankmee

Far and away the best; leads in putouts, UZR, assists, double plays, double plays started, etc.

If he had Jeter's "range" he'd have 1 error.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
When it was time to run out and the team made Paulie run out alone, and then AJ. TOTAL CLASS. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen, in a season full of classy Sox moments (Frank Thomas day, Nancy's goodbye).

God I hope Paulie and AJ are back next year.

I loved this. This moment, and how/when Ozzie took them out of the game was extremely well handled, classy, and respectable.