2010-2011 NBA Thread

I don't know if Irving will be a franchise savior, but he should be a solid PG.

If he had gone to LA, it would have been a different story though. Irving with Blake and Gordon as running mates and Kaman/Jordan inside would have been a damn good young team. But no, Donald Sterling REALLY needed to save that money. :lolhitting

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 17, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
Irving will be a star barring further injuries. He's the only one I would draft with the number one pick at this point. If they can end up with Irving and Kanter, they will have had a very good draft.

Worth notin how many PG's are in front of him for the eastern all star spot?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 17, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
Irving will be a star barring further injuries. He's the only one I would draft with the number one pick at this point. If they can end up with Irving and Kanter, they will have had a very good draft.

I was going to say the same thing. Or you could reach with their second pick for someone else.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Worth notin how many PG's are in front of him for the eastern all star spot?

He's not Derrick Rose or Westbrook athletically, but I think he's every bit the prospect that Chris Paul was coming out of college.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 17, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
That was a masterpiece out of Dirk tonight. I'd say the efficiency people would have to love that performance.

48 points on only 15 shots is unheard of. His TS% was .940.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 17, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)
Seriously one of the best playoff performances of all time.

Had Dirk not gotten hurt, he would have gotten a lot more MVP consideration.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
48 points on only 15 shots is unheard of. His TS% was .940.

This puts Love's 37 points on 13 shots earlier this season to shame. Talk about an absurdly efficient night.

Since 85-86, only 7 players have scored 45+ points on 20 or less shots during the regular season, with the fewest shots of the bunch being Gilbert Arenas at 16 (and 46 points). On that note, in that same span of time, only one player has scored 40+ points on 15 or less shots: Terry Porter in 1991-92 with 41 points on 14 shots (12-of-14 shooting, 4-of-5 from three and 13-of-14 from the charity stripe).

In the playoffs (since 91), the closest we've been to this was Jordan on two occasions with 46 and 45 points on 23 shots, Dwight with 46 on 23 shots this year and LeBron with 45 on 23 attempts. You could probably make a damn good argument that this is one of the best individual offensive performances in the postseason ever, or at the very least in the last 20 years or so.

f***, I'm pissed off I didn't watch this. Goddamn you LA Noire!

Edited by Felix

I know now is not the time to be talking about trades but if a Noah/Taj/Picks for Howard is on the table Id do it. Taj is a great player as is Noah and its a win win either way either you have this team thats up 1-0 in the eastern conference finals or you have a team with the defensive and offensive player of the year which would be pretty effin nifty. Dwight gives you everything Noah gives plus a couple more rebounds and a lot more scoring potential which. With the coaching of Thibs I think we can get a guy in the draft that can do a lot of what Taj can do in the 2nd round. Keep Thomas around for a year while you develop the 2nd rounder under the tutelage of Thibs/Dwight/Thomas which is helluva group to learn from.

How can not like

Rose/Watson

Bogans/Korver/Brewer

Deng/Korver/Brewer/Butler

Boozer/Thomas/2nd Pick

Howard/Asik/Thomas

It may take Brewer too for cap purposes or merely to get the trade done talent wise, I think orlando would benefit from a perimeter defender like Brewer who they could play ahead of Qrich. Butler could come in and hive you some minutes where brewer would usually play

it would make the magic look somethin like

Nelson/Arenas

Richardson/Reddick

Hedu/Brewer

Gibson/Bass

Noah/Anderson/Orton

plus a few first rounders looks a lot better than Dwight leaving and them being left with nothing.

Once again whichever way you go its win win. Youre a great team now and a trade like that only makes you an even greater team.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:25 AM)
I know now is not the time to be talking about trades but if a Noah/Taj/Picks for Howard is on the table Id do it. Taj is a great player as is Noah and its a win win either way either you have this team thats up 1-0 in the eastern conference finals or you have a team with the defensive and offensive player of the year which would be pretty effin nifty. Dwight gives you everything Noah gives plus a couple more rebounds and a lot more scoring potential which. With the coaching of Thibs I think we can get a guy in the draft that can do a lot of what Taj can do in the 2nd round. Keep Thomas around for a year while you develop the 2nd rounder under the tutelage of Thibs/Dwight/Thomas which is helluva group to learn from.

How can not like

Rose/Watson

Bogans/Korver/Brewer

Deng/Korver/Brewer/Butler

Boozer/Thomas/2nd Pick

Howard/Asik/Thomas

It may take Brewer too for cap purposes or merely to get the trade done talent wise, I think orlando would benefit from a perimeter defender like Brewer who they could play ahead of Qrich. Butler could come in and hive you some minutes where brewer would usually play

it would make the magic look somethin like

Nelson/Arenas

Richardson/Reddick

Hedu/Brewer

Gibson/Bass

Noah/Anderson/Orton

plus a few first rounders looks a lot better than Dwight leaving and them being left with nothing.

Once again whichever way you go its win win. Youre a great team now and a trade like that only makes you an even greater team.

That Magic team would be pretty bad, like barely an 8th seed bad. You're relying on Nelson, a past-his-prime Arenas, Turkoglu, and Richardson as your offense. Gibson and Noah aren't good offensive players and you'd be losing about 10 points per game and 2-3 boards from Howard alone. Not to mention how good of a defender Howard is in comparison to Noah.

The only reason you make that deal if you're Orlando is if you know for sure that Howard isn't coming back. Even then, I'd take Bynum or Gasol instead of the deal the Bulls can put up.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:41 AM)
That Magic team would be pretty bad, like barely an 8th seed bad. You're relying on Nelson, a past-his-prime Arenas, Turkoglu, and Richardson as your offense. Gibson and Noah aren't good offensive players and you'd be losing about 10 points per game and 2-3 boards from Howard alone. Not to mention how good of a defender Howard is in comparison to Noah.

The only reason you make that deal if you're Orlando is if you know for sure that Howard isn't coming back. Even then, I'd take Bynum or Gasol instead of the deal the Bulls can put up.

If you look at this years stats Noah put up better numbers on the boards and scoring wise than Bynum, that being said we all know Bynum is the better offensive player but i think it closer than you think. Then the bulls can throw in a young, gifted Taj Gibson who would more than make up for the little offensive differnce in Bynum and Noah, Then you throw in the picks that LA cant and I think it blows any offer LA can put out there ubless they do indeed decide to part with Gasol which if i were the magic id still have to think about it

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 18, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
If you look at this years stats Noah put up better numbers on the boards and scoring wise than Bynum, that being said we all know Bynum is the better offensive player but i think it closer than you think. Then the bulls can throw in a young, gifted Taj Gibson who would more than make up for the little offensive differnce in Bynum and Noah, Then you throw in the picks that LA cant and I think it blows any offer LA can put out there ubless they do indeed decide to part with Gasol which if i were the magic id still have to think about it

We've already got 2 young PF's in Bass and Ryan Anderson, so I couldn't see us having an interest in Gibson to be fair.

There was a good article I read yesterday, when a new CBA is ageed upon, if there is a hard cap, there is a good chance each team will be able to "amnesty waive" any player to get below the cap. Gilbert Arenas for example would be ideal for that situation. The Magic could do that with him and Hedo's contracts (although they'd have to work out how much to pay off etc.), and have about $40M in salaries for the next season. If they could do that, that could put them in the ballpark for CP3 for the 2012-2013 season, and I think that's exactly what Otis Smith is hoping for right now.

There have also been rumors that we're after Andre Igoudala from the Sixers (probably in a swap for Hedo + something), but nothing is close to being done there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 18, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
By far the best 7 foot shooter in NBA history. Just ungodly how pretty his shot is and so accurate.

We're going to have our hands rather full with this guy should both teams make the finals. He creates a bevy of problems that no other player in the game does.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2011 -> 06:13 AM)
We're going to have our hands rather full with this guy should both teams make the finals. He creates a bevy of problems that no other player in the game does.

I think Gibson is a decent matchup for him on the outside, same way Thibs used Gibson against the Miami small lineup on Sunday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2011 -> 07:36 AM)
I think Gibson is a decent matchup for him on the outside, same way Thibs used Gibson against the Miami small lineup on Sunday.

There really is no decent matchup for him. He's seen and torched Gerald Wallace, Nicolas Batum, Aldridge, Camby, Odom, Gasol, Ibaka, Perkins. There's really nothing we could throw at him that he hasn't seen. He's on a different level right now.