2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
If only Noah called that fan a retarded f*****, he would've gotten fined $50,000.

Curious if you'd be as nonchalant about this issue if he used derogatory words typically used against Hispanics.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
Curious if you'd be as nonchalant about this issue if he used derogatory words typically used against Hispanics.

$100K fine seems a bit much. What does the NBA do with that money? Donate it to a GLBT charity?

Miami's defense has just been unreal these last 2 games...I know they had a good defense throughout the regular season but, good lord, they're just everywhere. Rose seems to be catching flack nationally for this performance but wtf is he supposed to do with the way that Miami is defending him?

I wish I could look at the first 3 games and that there were some easy answer. There are answers like getting Watson and Rose on the floor at the same time so that Rose can create off the ball, dump the pick and roll to prevent easy double teams on Rose, etc...but none of them guarantees you anything as they're experimental. I do firmly believe that the spacing between games has played greatly to Miami's advantage which, to me, makes the series swing a bit in the Bulls favor if they can take game 4 on Tue....eventually Wade, Lebron, and Bosh will get tired playing the minutes they're playing.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ May 23, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Miami's defense has just been unreal these last 2 games...I know they had a good defense throughout the regular season but, good lord, they're just everywhere. Rose seems to be catching flack nationally for this performance but wtf is he supposed to do with the way that Miami is defending him?

I wish I could look at the first 3 games and that there were some easy answer. There are answers like getting Watson and Rose on the floor at the same time so that Rose can create off the ball, dump the pick and roll to prevent easy double teams on Rose, etc...but none of them guarantees you anything as they're experimental. I do firmly believe that the spacing between games has played greatly to Miami's advantage which, to me, makes the series swing a bit in the Bulls favor if they can take game 4 on Tue....eventually Wade, Lebron, and Bosh will get tired playing the minutes they're playing.

That puts Watson or Rose on Wade or LeBron.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)

I´m not so sensitive...sticks and stones, well you know the rest.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 23, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
I´m not so sensitive...sticks and stones, well you know the rest.

I completely understand that but just because a particular name/slur doesn't hurt you personally doesn't mean that same name isn't hurtful to others.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
Spent Saturday and most of Sunday in the hospital. Didn't get to actually see the game. Looks like the Heat thoroughly outplayed the Bulls. All is not lost. Get game 4 and everything is straight.

I hope everything's alright, yo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
I hope everything's alright, yo.

Thanks. It's cool now. Just something that happened with my sister. It's funny. I hate the Bulls more when they win. lol. I get positive after losses. I don't want to see the Heat win a title in year f***ing one. Stars are going to start coming together left and right.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 23, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
So does anyone have a video of the Luol Deng out of bounds call when he was 2 feet away from it? I want to see it again.

And why can't a call like that be reviewable?

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 23, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
So does anyone have a video of the Luol Deng out of bounds call when he was 2 feet away from it? I want to see it again.

I guess he was called for touching the ball before Wade had completely let go of it, not for stepping out of bounds.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 23, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Wade threw the ball off of the Ref, so it was ref interference.

Which is why the ref kept saying "My bad"

Ya, Wade threw it off the refs hand. I don't know the exact rule for that but if anything the ref is usually in play so you'd think that just be a turnover on Miami anyways.

Oh well, certainly didn't effect the outcome of the game.

If its in play the ref is definitely part of the court, since it was out of play I think the ref just made up a "do over" call. I dont know the rule, but what would make sense is that the ref is either part of the court (and therefore its a play on) or if the ref is out of bounds, hes considered out of bounds and therefore its the Bulls ball.

But I dont know the rule.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 23, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Athletes just can't be interacting with the fans in a negative manner. Everyone and their mom's have smartphones, somebody is going to catch the athlete's interaction with the fan. Dealing with idiots in the stands is just part of the job description for most athletes. People pay to see you play and will bring their idiotic comments with them.

My issue with the situation is that the NBA seemingly was only upset because of a word Noah used, not his interaction with a fan. Sooner or later the NBA is going to have to pass out a cheat sheet of acceptable trash talk.

The NBA has damn commercials out saying that it's not ok to say "gay" in the wrong context and been campaigning against it for a while, it's not like he was expected to take some huge leap of logic in the heat of the moment. This isn't rocket science. Joakim Noah isn't too bright. Cry me a river, and wipe the tears with $100 bills (he makes like 14 million a year).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 23, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Ya, Wade threw it off the refs hand. I don't know the exact rule for that but if anything the ref is usually in play so you'd think that just be a turnover on Miami anyways.

Oh well, certainly didn't effect the outcome of the game.

That is supposed to be the rule.