2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 02:49 AM)
RIP Tyreke Evans's ankles

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
Rose almost had him sitting on his ass with that crossover. God that was sick, once Rose made that move there was literally nobody in the lane to stop him

http://www.slamonline.com/online/media/sla...s-tyreke-evans/

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
Well if he maintains his current production (15 PPG scorer to go along with the boards) then I take it back. But I still view him as a liability overall offensively. I get the intensity, fire, ect. But that's not worth 12-14 million dollars, IMO.

In this NBA market, the simple "Ability to be 7 feet" is worth the first $9 million or so.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
He's definitely forcing more shots this year as a whole but he's still shooting a decent percentage. I honestly haven't seen a lot of this west coast trip though minus the first two or so games so I'll take your word for it.

I think some of the shots he's forced have come from the fact that he doesn't have a bailout option if the defense plays well. Put a scorer down low and that might change.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...tory?id=5862172

my favorite quote

Exhibit A was a recent shootaround in which Spoelstra told James that he had to get more serious. The source said Spoelstra called James out in front of the entire team, telling him, "I can't tell when you're serious."

"He's jumping on them," one source said. "If anything, he's been too tough on them. Everybody knows LeBron is playful and likes to joke around, but Spoelstra told him in front of the whole team that he has to get more serious. The players couldn't believe it. They feel like Spoelstra's not letting them be themselves."

Waaaaaaaah, Lebron cant have any fun. I am so sad for this

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
Spoelstra has been dead man walking since The Decision, IMO. I always had a feeling somehow Spoelstra would get run out of town

I think most everyone agreed, especially if there was any weak start by the Heat, that he was doomed.

The reason I ask that is...if LBJ isn't willing to accept that message from Spoelstra, and the Message is actually correct...what's going to happen when Riley replaces ES, and starts saying the same thing?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
Kobe "got" it, LeBron has yet to "get" it and is acting like a big baby.

If and when LeBron "gets" it, he'll do some real damage.

LeBrons problem is that he has never been held accountable. Kobe came into an ideal situation where he got to learn from one of the greatest coaches of all time, plus one of the greatest players of all time in Shaq. He learned what it takes to win first hand. LeBron only got his 18 year old ego padded, and never got the dose of reality that it takes to push a superstar to legendary status. Maybe when Riley takes over he can get through to James, but I'm not holding my breath. I had hoped playing with a Dwade would have done it, but in fact it only seems to be worse.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Do you think McGrady regrets picking Orlando instead of Chicago?

I don't know how much better those Bulls teams would have been than the Orlando teams were. Yeah, Brand would have helped, but everything else was thin.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
Its just strange with TMac. First he spends most of the summer trying to get a job here, then he is out telling people that LeBron should have done the same thing.

Well, to be fair, he sorta spent most of the summer trying to find a job with anyone who would play him and give him a chance to perform, and I think a lot of people are saying the same thing about the 2nd part.