2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
What exactly were you expecting from a 31 year old on his sixth team in eight years (with two stops in Orlando) that has never posted a PER above 11 and a wing that can't shoot and was dumped by two different teams since the start of last season?

Better defense than this.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Can someone explain to me how DR only averages 5 FT a game? The dude plays in the lane the whole game and gets hammered regularly. WTF?

First of all, the refs won't call things for him...yet. Secondly, he's so strong, he takes blows that would knock Wade and Kobe to the ground, and he fights through them to the hoop.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
Very good game from Boozer, too.

When did Brad Miller get so good at 3 pointers?

Absolutely. I've been giving tons of credit to Rose for this game (and deservedly so), but when I looked at the box and realized Boozer only played 30 minutes, his 25 and 9 is stellar.

And yeah, when Miller took that last 3, I was like "If this guy hits his 5th 3 of the game to tie it up..."

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Can someone explain to me how DR only averages 5 FT a game? The dude plays in the lane the whole game and gets hammered regularly. WTF?

Considering he took 28 shots tonight but had ZERO free throw attempts, something isn't right.

Refs were a joke in that game, and I hardly complain about the refs in a game.

Man how good would a guy like Courtney Lee look as a SG for the Bulls.. Been my beef with GarPax since the summer for not really addressing that after the Magic kept Redick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
The Heat really don't have any 1st rounders left, IIRC, they gave up every one that they were allowed to give up through like 2018 while assembling their big 3.

are you serious?

EDIT:

Here's the info on Lebron.... "The Heat sent Cleveland two first-round draft picks and two second-round picks, as well as a large trade exception, for James. The first-round picks could be between 2013 and 2017. The second-round picks are in 2012 (acquired from New Orleans) and a future pick acquired from Oklahoma City. "

And Bosh... The Raptors reacquired their own 2011 first-round pick originally sent to the Heat on February 13, 2009 (trade of Jermaine O’Neal and Jamario Moon for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks) and Miami’s 2011 first-round draft choice (lottery protected).

Between 2011 and 2017 they had 8 first round picks, and they traded away 4 of them. Additionally, the NBA prohibits trading away first round picks in consecutive years. The Heat traded away their 2011 pick, so they cant give up a 2012 pick. (Although, I wonder if a draft and trade might be legal?)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
are you serious?

EDIT:

Here's the info on Lebron.... "The Heat sent Cleveland two first-round draft picks and two second-round picks, as well as a large trade exception, for James. The first-round picks could be between 2013 and 2017. The second-round picks are in 2012 (acquired from New Orleans) and a future pick acquired from Oklahoma City. "

And Bosh... The Raptors reacquired their own 2011 first-round pick originally sent to the Heat on February 13, 2009 (trade of Jermaine O’Neal and Jamario Moon for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks) and Miami’s 2011 first-round draft choice (lottery protected).

Between 2011 and 2017 they had 8 first round picks, and they traded away 4 of them. Additionally, the NBA prohibits trading away first round picks in consecutive years. The Heat traded away their 2011 pick, so they cant give up a 2012 pick. (Although, I wonder if a draft and trade might be legal?)

Does it really matter? The chances the Heat aren't selecting near the bottom of the round during this time is slim and while those picks usually don't pan out into real good players, there is even less of a chance they could play for the Heat. First round picks sound real nice in the NBA, but when you are going to be drafting where the Heat will be drafting they will be guys like Mark Randall and Byron Houston. They will have an easier time finding veterans who will play for the minimum than finding contributors where they pick.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
Does it really matter? The chances the Heat aren't selecting near the bottom of the round during this time is slim and while those picks usually don't pan out into real good players, there is even less of a chance they could play for the Heat. First round picks sound real nice in the NBA, but when you are going to be drafting where the Heat will be drafting they will be guys like Mark Randall and Byron Houston. They will have an easier time finding veterans who will play for the minimum than finding contributors where they pick.

That's a fair point, but it is staggering to think that if the NBA took two picks from the Heat and depending on who which they took, the Heat could have only two first round picks between now and 2017. (It should be noted that "The Big Three" contracts expire after the 2015-2016 season.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 05:31 AM)
Refs were a joke in that game, and I hardly complain about the refs in a game.

Man how good would a guy like Courtney Lee look as a SG for the Bulls.. Been my beef with GarPax since the summer for not really addressing that after the Magic kept Redick.

I reckon Lee would be IDEAL for the Bulls right now, in fact I hope Orlando end up signing him as a FA when Carter eventually leaves.

Very coachable player, has 3PT range and he's solid defensively.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)

He honestly has too good of body control. He absolutely gets hammered going to the hoop all the time but because he's so damn graceful doing it, the refs are too idiotic to know that he's getting hacked.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
That's a fair point, but it is staggering to think that if the NBA took two picks from the Heat and depending on who which they took, the Heat could have only two first round picks between now and 2017. (It should be noted that "The Big Three" contracts expire after the 2015-2016 season.

For reference, the initial penalty of the Joe Smith tampering was 5 first rounders and a year voided off Joe Smith's contract.

So, going by that precedent, the Heat would lose what few first rounds they have left, a year off Bosh and LeBron's contracts, and since they traded all their picks, they'd probably lose the MLE.

If tampering can be proven, then the Heat will be screwed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 07:24 AM)
What connection does he have to NOLA, or to other cities that might want an NBA Team? I thought Oracle was mostly Bay-Area based

The Score just reported that a newspaper report says that the Hornets may be relocated... and CHICAGO is one of the 4 cities under consideration.

Never mind, it's not a newspaper, it's SI.com...

If the Hornets were to move, possible new locations would include Kansas City, Anaheim and Chicago, which is the third-largest market in the country yet has only one NBA franchise.
Edited by Athomeboy_2000