2010-2011 NBA Thread

I'd settle for an NBA team that could hit some f***ing FT. The Bulls are solidly in the bottom 4 in the league in FT%.

I am still optimistic about this team, but we need to start beating good opponents. Tonight against the Thunder would be a good start.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
A second team in Chicago would not succeed unless they were good off the bat.

I'd go to a few games if they were cheaper than the Bulls just to see NBA action, but they'd never scratch the Bulls in terms of my fandom, Chris Paul or not.

See I don't get statements like this. The Hornets are a very very good team. They have a superstar and arguably the best PG in the league. Plus, they play in a different conference.

As long as you have a winner and a star player to market, in a city like New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles, you are sure to make bank.

The problem with the Clippers has been the team. It was always awfully constructed, and never had a chance until they lucked into the 1st or 2nd round with Elton. You saw that fall flat the following years. And yet, their owner makes crazy profit.

I think traditional Chicagoans are fearful of another team. Casual fans would definitely gravitate, and best believe your big companies will buy out the press boxes when the Hornets are in the 2nd round of the playoffs facing off against the Lakers and such.

I'd love for it to happen, but I know Jerry will kill this like he quickly did with Heisley trying to move the Grizzlies to Chicago. As far as Seattle, I don't see Stern dealing with them unless they have a deal in place to have the city for every dollar on a new stadium since they pissed them off before with the Sonics arena thing. If no Chicago, KC makes the most sense. In the midwest, not much to do, basketball is hot down there. Honestly though, the best place would be Louisville.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
Let KC have it or let Seattle have a team back.

Seattle doesn't deserve one. Their last season there, in which their fans who always supported the team, ranked exactly where New Orleans currently ranks in attendance right now. There would be no reason other than the taxpayers will fund the entire arena.

I would love Chicago to get another team. Because we always support our teams, no matter what. They should actually consider building an arena in Washington Park and gentrify the area. That would be excellent.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
Neither rose or westbrook lighting it up but boozer is killing

Rose is really impressing me with his playmaking tonight. Derrick's court vision in this game has been superb and he seems like he is doing everything at top speed.

Oh, and he hit a 30 footer for kicks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Rose is having an awful shooting night right now. Also turning the ball over more than normal. Still beating the Thunder by 17 though. I'll take it.

Yup. If they can beat a quality opponent like OKC with rose having an off night, can not complain.

Durant getting points but bulls have the right idea running two guys at him. Not shooting well

Very good win. Boozer absolutely dominated and made up for whatever Rose did not provide on offense. That's going to be the major difference between this year and last year. We finally have a legit second option on the inside.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
I'm watching the Clippers game as I try to because Griffin is a beast and wow does Del Negro look old. I wonder if he makes it one season as the head coach. He's horrible. And boy is his hair gray and he looks all wrinkled.

It's the Clippers. You don't get penalized for being a losing coach th ere.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Seattle doesn't deserve one. Their last season there, in which their fans who always supported the team, ranked exactly where New Orleans currently ranks in attendance right now. There would be no reason other than the taxpayers will fund the entire arena.

I would love Chicago to get another team. Because we always support our teams, no matter what. They should actually consider building an arena in Washington Park and gentrify the area. That would be excellent.

Bah, everyone knew that Seattle's team was leaving that year, they'd already been sold to an OKC owner. If you knew the Sox were moving to Tampa next season, would you continue to buy tickets to help that owner pay for his new city's team?

Seattle doesn't "Deserve" a team if you say that the only cities that deserve a team are cities that spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on arenas during recessions.

That's a solid market, one of the top 15 in the country. The NBA needs to be there, just like the NFL needs to be in L.A.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 07:50 AM)
Bah, everyone knew that Seattle's team was leaving that year, they'd already been sold to an OKC owner. If you knew the Sox were moving to Tampa next season, would you continue to buy tickets to help that owner pay for his new city's team?

Seattle doesn't "Deserve" a team if you say that the only cities that deserve a team are cities that spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on arenas during recessions.

That's a solid market, one of the top 15 in the country. The NBA needs to be there, just like the NFL needs to be in L.A.

I don't disagree that the NBA needs to be in Seattle, but the NFL doesn't need much of anything, and is doing fine without LA.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)
I don't disagree that the NBA needs to be in Seattle, but the NFL doesn't need much of anything, and is doing fine without LA.

The NFL currently has more than a handful of franchises that are really struggling despite large revenue sharing dollars, and they're facing a lockout next year over revenue sharing issues. Not having a team in L.A. is potential serious revenue that is not coming into the league.

The NFL's elite franchises, with serious public dollar assistance in most cases, are in great shape, but places like the Florida teams, Buffalo, etc., clearly show some weaknesses.

Boozer was nice, but the game ball belonged to Deng last night. He had a stellar defensive night on Durant. He did such an incredible job of off-ball defending Durant. Lu made sure to stay in his jersey all game long, and just denied him the ball. It is so simple conceptually, but teams don't do it enough in practice. Don't.Let.Scorers.Have.The.Ball. You aren't going to stop a guy like Kevin Durant when he has the basketball. Not in the NBA. Deny him the ball, deny him his points.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
Boozer was nice, but the game ball belonged to Deng last night. He had a stellar defensive night on Durant. He did such an incredible job of off-ball defending Durant. Lu made sure to stay in his jersey all game long, and just denied him the ball. It is so simple conceptually, but teams don't do it enough in practice. Don't.Let.Scorers.Have.The.Ball. You aren't going to stop a guy like Kevin Durant when he has the basketball. Not in the NBA. Deny him the ball, deny him his points.

Those kind of defenders were definitely the ones that drove Michael the craziest. Stay in his face and frustrate him. Starks, Payton, Reggie Miller all drove him a bit crazy by not giving him any space.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 07:50 AM)

Disagreed. They didn't get the support. And yes, if my favorite team was about to leave the city, I would show up at the very least to see their last games in my city, especially if there is nothing else in the city to do.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Disagreed. They didn't get the support. And yes, if my favorite team was about to leave the city, I would show up at the very least to see their last games in my city, especially if there is nothing else in the city to do.

Support was irrelevant. Bennett never had any intention of keeping the team in Seattle.

I think it's a lot easier to say you'd show up to see their last games than to do it. It's probably pretty hard to imagine how bitter you'd be in that situation.