Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Has anyone ever played the horse racing dice game? We played it after our poker game last night, it was so fun and so addictive. Best gambling game ever.

My dad plays it with his buddies all the time but with race cars. He even makes his own boards. He's retired, give him a break.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
Does it require a board?

We played with an actual board with horses and pegs, but I googled it and you can play with poster board and cut-outs just as easily I'm sure.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
My dad plays it with his buddies all the time but with race cars. He even makes his own boards. He's retired, give him a break.

The kids I played with made their own detailed boards with horses, and they are in their 20s. Give them a break.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
I'm exhausted. Over 80 hours worked, plus sat for my last CPA exam today. Wednesday we issue our first of the huge reports and than the hours can start to go back to normal.

Can't...Freaking...Wait!!!

you're a crazy person

QUOTE (SnB @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
I just discovered listentoyoutube.com

Holy crap, has this been around awhile? It was so seamless to rip an mp3.

Wow, these kinds of websites have been out for a while. I haven't NOT gotten anything off youtube in a LONG time. I used to use vid2mp3.com before it shut down. Now I prefer http://www.clipconverter.cc/

My place of employment was CLOSED last Monday (Presidents Day), an employee came in to work (despite us being closed) and slipped in our parking lot. She is now filling workers comp. Can she do that since we were closed and there is a reasonable assumption people would not comming in to work, therefor parts of the walk ways may not have been salted.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
My place of employment was CLOSED last Monday (Presidents Day), an employee came in to work (despite us being closed) and slipped in our parking lot. She is now filling workers comp. Can she do that since we were closed and there is a reasonable assumption people would not comming in to work, therefor parts of the walk ways may not have been salted.

Can she try? Of course. Whether or not she is successful may depend on what the expectations were on her specifically. If she worked off hours regularly anyway, or if there was some project that required her to put in extra time, she could certainly make a case. Hard to say for sure though.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)

Since she was coming in to work, I'm pretty sure she'll get it. WC really doesn't account for employer "negligence," so questions of reasonableness relative to salting and shoveling wouldn't come into play.

I dont think whether the office was "closed" makes a difference. My office "closes" at 5pm, but Im frequently here later than that. if something were to happen to me while I was working the office closed argument would not fly.

Now more to the point the argument would be "was she actually working" and that is an entirely different topic. I am not familiar with workers compensation, but I would be hard pressed to believe that an employee who is injured while driving to work can file for employees compensation. I would think that the employee actually has to be at work.

No where does at work begin? Who knows. The other question would be does workers compensation have some sort of rule that excludes the "natural accumulation" defense. Generally you cant sue for slip and fall caused by ice/snow that was natural.

I dont do any workers comp, but those are the questions Id ask.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
Can she try? Of course. Whether or not she is successful may depend on what the expectations were on her specifically. If she worked off hours regularly anyway, or if there was some project that required her to put in extra time, she could certainly make a case. Hard to say for sure though.

That is pretty much the crux as I understand it... Was it reasonable for her to be there? That will tell you everything.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
Take your favorite brand of cheese puffs and dip them in sour cream and onion dip, thank me later.

Alternate idea: take your arteries and fill them with lard.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Alternate idea: take your arteries and fill them with lard.

F**k it, it's a good day to die. Zero trans fats by the way.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
F**k it, it's a good day to die. Zero trans fats by the way.

Here's what I just ate, a far healthier alternative: grilled cheese with cut up hot dog inside. Scrumtrulescent.