Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife kept seeing the commercials for ancestary.com and finally got curious enough to actually check it out. She started entering information for both her and my family and most of them show that there is more information available. Problem is that you have to pay to see the info.

So we’ve gone to local library the past 2 weekends to see what we could dig up ourselves. We’ve gotten back to our great-grandparents who were born in the late 1800’s so far.

It’s pretty interesting considering I’ve never really had any idea where my ancestors came from. So far they are all pretty much Midwestern farmers.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Man, you honestly think Jay Z is the best? He's damn good, don't get me wrong but he's not the best ever.

I really do. Who in your opinion would be better?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
If you can't tell I'm not a fan of either and find them both highly overrated.

I know, I was being a smart ass.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm strictly talking about his music. I eat, sleep and breathe hip hop and never liked his music. He's like the white version of Jay Z.

Oh nooooooooo. Jay-Z might be the most overrated, overexposed artist out there. You want to have the difference between Eminem and Jay-Z illustrated for you clearly just listen to Renegade. They're not even close.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
Can we move the "Rap crap" to the music thread? It's dirting up this thread.

Shush old man.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
Eminem has been pretty bad since the Marshall Mathers LP. Granted, that may be the best rap album of all-time.

And Biggie? Definitely not.

I'd probably go with Jay-Z number one, too.

It was excellent & all, but best of all-time?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
Oh nooooooooo. Jay-Z might be the most overrated, overexposed artist out there. You want to have the difference between Eminem and Jay-Z illustrated for you clearly just listen to Renegade. They're not even close.

On just one song? Nah, I'll still take Jay over Em.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Just noticed that my coffee creamer expired January 5. I can no longer respect expiration dates, as I've suffered no ill effects.

This is a big deal in my home. My wife freaks about expirations and I dont care. If it doesn't smell or look funky it's fine.

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
This is a big deal in my home. My wife freaks about expirations and I dont care. If it doesn't smell or look funky it's fine.

This is generally true, although with most fresh meats, I will only let it go for a week unthawed before I toss it. I heard that the best test for that is to actually give some to a cat and if the cat doesn't eat it, it's long past gone. Cats are apparently capable of smelling rotting bacteria.

I have definitely eaten eggs that were like a month and a half past the sell-by date (which I know isn't an expiration, but you only have like 2 weeks after that to eat them, or so they say), and I was just fine. With food, it's all a matter of knowing what to look for with regards to expired food.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
This is generally true, although with most fresh meats, I will only let it go for a week unthawed before I toss it. I heard that the best test for that is to actually give some to a cat and if the cat doesn't eat it, it's long past gone. Cats are apparently capable of smelling rotting bacteria.

I have definitely eaten eggs that were like a month and a half past the sell-by date (which I know isn't an expiration, but you only have like 2 weeks after that to eat them, or so they say), and I was just fine. With food, it's all a matter of knowing what to look for with regards to expired food.

A cookbook I have says to put an egg in water, if it floats its either good or bad, I can't remember which.