Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
Female logic: "if it makes her happy it doesn't matter how much it costs to send flowers."

Male logic: "what a waste of money this is, I could accomplish the same thing by laying money out for a week before burning it."

Quick question: I'm starting to look into winter stuff that's going on sale on-line and am looking at Marmot jackets. What's a good store in Chicago to try some on before I purchase so I know how it fits? Edit: And also to check out prices in-store

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Quick question: I'm starting to look into winter stuff that's going on sale on-line and am looking at Marmot jackets. What's a good store in Chicago to try some on before I purchase so I know how it fits? Edit: And also to check out prices in-store

Top of the list: REI. Just checked and they are in Chicago.

Other possibles: Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops.

Oh boy. I'm one of "those" guys this year. My mom sent me a Valentines Day card since I am all alone this year. I'm so pathetic.

Did include a $50 gift card to Old Navy though.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)

Nice marmot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Oh boy. I'm one of "those" guys this year. My mom sent me a Valentines Day card since I am all alone this year. I'm so pathetic.

Did include a $50 gift card to Old Navy though.

I'm going to a Bucks-Clippers game on Valentines day with 3 other guys. I think I win the pathetic battle on this stupid holiday.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
I'm going to a Bucks-Clippers game on Valentines day with 3 other guys. I think I win the pathetic battle on this stupid holiday.

Yeah, I'm avoiding any sausagefests even if I always have thought it was a lame "holiday".

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
Unfortunately, none of my past girlfriends have known about it.

My wife knows about it but manages to forget it without consequence. But if I did that for Valentine's Day there would be hell to pay. Totally unfair.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
My wife knows about it but manages to forget it without consequence. But if I did that for Valentine's Day there would be hell to pay. Totally unfair.

I will celebrate on your behalf.

I hope.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Last Thursday, I went to the gas station to fill up and got a cheap car wash just to get the salt off. Car Wash was an addition $5.

After filling up, I drove around to the wash and it was closed down temporarily. No biggie, my recipt said I had a week to use it. So every day I drove by it and it was still blocked off.

Today was my last chance to use it so when I went it was still blocked off. I took my receipt inside and was calm and just asked if I could put the $5 towards gas or some soda or whatever and I was told I could not do that. I explained that I bought the wash a week ago and it expires today and the guy said I purchased the car wash at my own risk and there was nothing I could do.

I even said there was no sign saying that but he didn't budge. I didn't make a big deal out of it, it is only $5 but still. WTF

You are way more patient than I.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
Top of the list: REI. Just checked and they are in Chicago.

Other possibles: Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops.

Cabelas and Galyan are also good choices. There was a Galyans by Woodfield.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
I mean there's bound to be good looking, single girls at a Bucks-Clippers game on valentines day, right? :unsure:

Suuuuure. Just make sure you've had enough to drink. Wouldn't want to ruin the experience by being sober!