2011 Music Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
looking forward to new:

(...)

and hopefully Queens of the Stone Age

I'd be happy with old, re-released QotSA. f***ing delays have put their self-titled re-release back another few months. Completely brand new QotSA (which is supposedly going to be worked on this year) would also be fantastic, however.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
I appreciate the FF's work but he just needs to be behind the kit, he's just so dam good.

I'm not the biggest Foo Fighters fan for this same reason. The self-titled album is solid (all Grohl, all the time), but I listen to most of the rest of their stuff and just want Grohl to put down the guitar and go crazy on another drum set.

Which is just one of many reasons why I'm anxiously awaiting another Them Crooked Vultures album :P

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
I'd be happy with old, re-released QotSA. f***ing delays have put their self-titled re-release back another few months. Completely brand new QotSA (which is supposedly going to be worked on this year) would also be fantastic, however.

I'm not the biggest Foo Fighters fan for this same reason. The self-titled album is solid (all Grohl, all the time), but I listen to most of the rest of their stuff and just want Grohl to put down the guitar and go crazy on another drum set.

Which is just one of many reasons why I'm anxiously awaiting another Them Crooked Vultures album :P

He was so utterly fantastic live. Him and John Paul Jones trading solos was incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, got a kick out of this year's VEISHEA lineup:

Coolio as emcee of the singing competion.

Live @ VEISHEA Friday: Big Boi, Cloud Cult, Love and Theft, Andy Grammer

Live @ VEISHEA Saturday: Gloriana, The Ready Set, Neon Trees, The Downtown Fiction

Excited to see Neon Trees and the Ready Set. Big Boi could be interesting....

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
I told myself the next time the Foos toured, I'd go for sure. I'm just not sure if I want to do it at a big festival, or see them in a regular venue.

Also, been listening to a lot of Tokyo Police Club recently.

I'm not a big fan of going to see live acts at festival's either but Foo is amazing live