2011 Music Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Sox up and the Bulls and Hawks games over, I switched to VH1 last night and watched the Foo Fighters' new "Back and Forth" documentary instead of the end of the ballgame. Good decision on several fronts. I liked it a lot.

I was just bored and flipping through channels on Friday- have the Foo Fighters really gotten that big that they warrant selling out Wembley? Is Monkey Wrench such a fantastic song that it justifies a drawn out 6 minute finale? They seem like such a "meh" band to me. I'll admit I haven't given them an extended listen, but thats only because what I've heard is so vanilla.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
I was just bored and flipping through channels on Friday- have the Foo Fighters really gotten that big that they warrant selling out Wembley? Is Monkey Wrench such a fantastic song that it justifies a drawn out 6 minute finale? They seem like such a "meh" band to me. I'll admit I haven't given them an extended listen, but thats only because what I've heard is so vanilla.

Uh, yes, the Foo Fighters are f***ing huge.

And yes, Monkey Wrench rocks.

I have seen MANY huge bands in concert and they are definitely in my top 3 of live performances I have seen

This is basically how I feel. I really want to like them, as I love Dave Grohl, but every time I try I just can't do it. Self-titled is a solid album.. outside of that, I'm just never really been impressed. And I've given them a fair shot, I just find them fairly boring.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Love the Foos, but I disagree as to self-titled being the best. Their best, IMO, is The Colour and the Shape, followed by There Is Nothing Left to Lose and then Self-Titled.

I'll take "Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace" as their 2nd best, behind "The Colour and the Shape".

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
At this time tomorrow, I'll be on a flight to Austin, TX for South by Southwest.

Totally forgot to comment on this. SXSW was awesome. Best trip ever. If you remotely like music, it's a must go at least once in your life.

Anywho, the new album/mixtape from Big KRIT is damn good (as expected). The newest projects from Ab-Soul & Smoke DZA are also worth checking out. The future of hip-hop is something to be excited about IMO.