2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I didn't realize Asdrubal Cabrera's numbers had dropped so much. he was a world beater the whole first half of the season. I would love to see what his numbers had been since Orlando Cabrera was traded. Wasn't he credited for giving him hitting tips earlier in the year?

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Why, because they kicked the Sox ass this year?

No, because it's Detroit. f*** the Tigers, f***, the Red Wings, f*** the Pistons. The Lions have been so bad recently, I don't mind them much. There are only a few rivals of my favorite teams that I would actually root for.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
Wow, I didn't realize Asdrubal Cabrera's numbers had dropped so much. he was a world beater the whole first half of the season. I would love to see what his numbers had been since Orlando Cabrera was traded. Wasn't he credited for giving him hitting tips earlier in the year?

"hitting tips"?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
No, because it's Detroit. f*** the Tigers, f***, the Red Wings, f*** the Pistons. The Lions have been so bad recently, I don't mind them much. There are only a few rivals of my favorite teams that I would actually root for.

I was with you up until the part about the Lions. f*** them too.

DE-TROIT SUCKS!

Ah, the good old Chicago Stadium and Comiskey Park days.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Albert-...et-notes-091211

The Indians might not be all that active this offseason; they’ve already made their big move, acquiring right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez at the July 31 non-waiver deadline.

A payroll increase of up to $20 million might be required simply to keep the Tribe intact; the team has nine potential arbitration cases, including three promiment second-time eligibles – outfielder Shin Soo Choo, shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera and closer Chris Perez.

The Twins’ rotation, even when healthy, is mostly a collection of fourth and fifth starters. The team’s top pitching prospect, right-hander Kyle Gibson, recently underwent Tommy John surgery.

The talent void could create an opening for right-hander Anthony Swarzak, who rededicated himself last offseason, spending three months pitching in Venezuela and losing 25 pounds.

Swarzak, 26, reached the majors in 2009 but spent all of 2010 in the minors.

“You get hungry. You learn what you’re all about. You think deep down inside, ‘I need to start showing what I can do,’” Swarzak said. “I said, ‘I used to be good. I used to throw hard. I’ve got to figure this out, and I’ve got to figure it out quick.’”