2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
Cuts...

De Aza, Flowers, Bruney, McPherson, Gray, Lindsay, Kinney, Infante and Danks.

Down to 29, and that includes Peavy and Viciedo. So they're down to 27.

With Lucy just there to be a 3rd catcher, it's really just down to Lillibridge or Milledge. I think Humber is the 5th starter, and Marquez will be in the pen.

You nailed it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Cuts...

With Lucy just there to be a 3rd catcher, it's really just down to Lillibridge or Milledge. I think Humber is the 5th starter, and Marquez will be in the pen.

Sounds about right. I would imagine that Flowers is ahead of Lucy now on the depth chart, but they want Tyler to get his ABs. The starting line up in Charlotte will be interesting.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Teahen will start at 1B tomorrow.

Just trying to show other teams how versatile he is. They're really going all out to try to move him.

It actually works either way. If they want to trade him, great, this is a nice show. If they want to use him as a utility player, he needs work at multiple positions. Its a good idea in any case.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Does De Aza have an option left? If not, is he now a FA?

Charlotte Knights

by FutureSox

C Tyler Flowers, OF Alejandro De Aza, RHP Gregori Infante have been optioned to Charlotte.

Is it ok to assume he did have an option left ?

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Cuts...

Too bad, I don't see Teahen's name among the cuts.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
Too bad, I don't see Teahen's name among the cuts.

Frankly, that would be a stupid decision. If we cut him we still pay him so what would we be gaining. He's still a pretty decent utility guy. Obviously not at what he's making but unless some team is willing to take him off our hands he's still a better option off the bench than anyone else we have in camp.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
Frankly, that would be a stupid decision. If we cut him we still pay him so what would we be gaining. He's still a pretty decent utility guy. Obviously not at what he's making but unless some team is willing to take him off our hands he's still a better option off the bench than anyone else we have in camp.

I agree people act like he is taking a spot from a better player and that is not the case nor is his contract that huge that it is killing the team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
Glad to see they kept the position. Now utilize it! Stop the damned canned music between ABs and innings.

I think they use it enough. It's 2011 for cryin' out loud. The mix right now is perfect.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)

Which position Teahen is a better utility option than anyone in camp?

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Mar 23, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Which position Teahen is a better utility option than anyone in camp?

As of today, considering the players who are still in camp, Teahen is anywhere from the 7th to 10th best hitter, depending upon how you view Pierre, Morel, and Pierzynski. He just doesn't play very good defense at any position, which is why he's a bench player who plays sporadically instead of having a set position. So to answer your question, Teahen is a better option than pretty much everybody in camp for a utility position.