ST: 3/9-- Sox vs Giants

flavum

Peavy vs Zito

Sox: Pierre LF, Vizquel 2B, Dunn DH, Quentin RF, Pierzynski C, Ramirez SS, Morel 3B, McPherson 1B, Miledge CF

Giants: Torres CF, Sanchez 2B, Huff 1B, Posey C, Tejada SS, Sandoval 3B, Burrell LF, Ross RF, DeRosa DH

Also scheduled to pitch: Crain, Gray, Kinney, Lindsay, Pena

Edited by flavum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize Peavy was ready to pitch in real games. My gosh, he's definitely one of the great competitors.

If he's pitching today, obviously he's ready to go by Opening Day as well?

No matter how he does on the mound, he is trying to earn that money, unlike Greinke.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
I didn't realize Peavy was ready to pitch in real games. My gosh, he's definitely one of the great competitors.

If he's pitching today, obviously he's ready to go by Opening Day as well?

No matter how he does on the mound, he is trying to earn that money, unlike Greinke.

What???? He's missing time now so his injury can completely heal and it doesn't affect his performance during the season or cause him to miss more time in the summer.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
What???? He's missing time now so his injury can completely heal and it doesn't affect his performance during the season or cause him to miss more time in the summer.

I think he went after Greinke there because ZG's injury did not happen while playing baseball.

Announcer on the Giants feed said that Peavy was on the mound showing discomfort - then Guillen jumped up and took him out right away.

It's hard to tell what happened just from a radio feed.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Announcer on the Giants feed said that Peavy was on the mound showing discomfort - then Guillen jumped up and took him out right away.

Damn, this is the only type of post I did not want to see during this thread.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)

He gave up a home run and they took him out. I wouldn't read more into it.

Yea - and the Giants guy didn't say anything else about it yet.

At one point he did say:

"I don't know what this is about and I don't want to overstate anything but it doesn't look like a normal reaction from a pitcher....

He's in the dugout now and not showing any signs of pain - getting high fives from his team mates."

I don't know what to think other than *uck the giants radio guy.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Yea - and the Giants guy didn't say anything else about it yet.

At one point he did say:

"I don't know what this is about and I don't want to overstate anything but it doesn't look like a normal reaction from a pitcher....

He's in the dugout now and not showing any signs of pain - getting high fives from his team mates."

I don't know what to think other than *uck the giants radio guy.

Melton would have gotten the story straight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Damn, this is the only type of post I did not want to see during this thread.

Really, this was the only type of post I didn't want to see all Spring. Peavy is the biggest wild card for the White Sox success this year. If he can even give the Sox 150 innings of 4.00 ERA baseball, the Sox are going to be very good if not the division favorites. If Peavy misses any extended period of time, it's going to be a big hit to either the bullpen or the rotation, because you have to have Sale in one of those spots and removing him from the other really hurts.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Melton would have gotten the story straight.

I can hear it now...

"John Parvey looks like he's got some discomfort going on after that pitch. Oney Guihan comes out and takes the ball from him."

Edited by ScottyDo