Super Official 2011 White Sox predictions thread

witesoxfan

Throw out the wackiest of the wacky, or the most serious of the serious.

My serious prediction is that Jake Peavy is the White Sox best starter this year.

My wacky prediction is that Chris Sale closes out the final game of the 2011 World Series, and opens 2012 as the 5th starter (because this organization is not dumb).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious: Sergio Santos becomes the closer at some point this season, Beckman and Ramirez make All-Star team as reserves, Dunn breaks Borchard's record for longest homer in USCF history

Wacky: Lastings Milledge finishes in the Top 10 in the AL MVP race, Oney gets a job at Baseball Tonight

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
Serious: Sergio Santos becomes the closer at some point this season, Beckman and Ramirez make All-Star team as reserves, Dunn breaks Borchard's record for longest homer in USCF history

Wacky: Lastings Milledge finishes in the Top 10 in the AL MVP race, Oney gets a job at Baseball Tonight

Who is this Beckman dude? Have I missed something?

Let's combine this thread and the "Out on a limb" thread.

Not a prediction. But I want to let all of Soxtalk know that if Thornton sports a better K-rate, WHIP, FIP, save% and saves overall than Soria I will get the Bieber tattoo. And to make it more interesting, he only has to trump Soria in 3 of those 5 categories for me to get the tat. J4L keeps his word. So save this post. Put it in your sigs or whatever.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Not a prediction. But I want to let all of Soxtalk know that if Thornton sports a better K-rate, WHIP, FIP, save% and saves overall than Soria I will get the Bieber tattoo. And to make it more interesting, he only has to trump Soria in 3 of those 5 categories for me to get the tat. J4L keeps his word. So save this post. Put it in your sigs or whatever.

Whatever, you caught the fever and already got the tattoo, so you're not even sticking your neck out. Looks like this on your lower back:

justin-bieber-and-new-era-boston-red-sox

Edited by Leonard Zelig

I'll just copy my predictions over from the other threads....

I'm going to say that Morel has a better season than Beckham did in 2009, but of course falls short of the ROY award because of some A's reliever.

Also, Mr. Dunn is going to put a ball on the fan deck in center, making us forget about Jim Thome's long blasts.

I can't find my post, because I can't find the offseason thread, but I am pretty sure I said when we signed Humber that he would win our 5th starter spot and do a pretty decent job filling in for Peavy.