Attention TV watchers - Sox news!

knightni

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
I was surprised today's game wasn't blacked out due to the Fox rule.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
I don't think that starts for a while.

The game started at noon, which is the latest a game can start without being in the blackout window. A bunch of other games were played at the same time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
That's what I mean. I think the Fox noon games don't start until later in the season.

Starting last season, the Fox games start at 3 Central Time. STL vs. SD was shown in Chicago and NY/Det elsewhere.The game was good to go today because of the early start.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
For the first week of the regular season, MLB Extra Innings is free in most cable and satellite markets.

It may or may not be in your market, but it's a heads-up that it could be!

I thank you for mentioning this fact. I believe we have hat on local cable and I can use it TODAY!

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 2, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
For the first week of the regular season, MLB Extra Innings is free in most cable and satellite markets.

I see that Comcast is broadcasting a whopping one game per day in HD. Why in the heck would I want to pay to watch games in regular def?

I'm seriously considering dumping them and getting DirecTV.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
I see that Comcast is broadcasting a whopping one game per day in HD. Why in the heck would I want to pay to watch games in regular def?

I'm seriously considering dumping them and getting DirecTV.

DirecTV has just about every game in HD, for both team's broadcast too...I couldn't be more happy with their Extra Inning's package...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
DirecTV has just about every game in HD, for both team's broadcast too...I couldn't be more happy with their Extra Inning's package...

Yep, and that's exactly why I'm thinking of switching.

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Of course it is, but if I had no way of watching the Sox otherwise I'd pay that in a heartbeat.

And mlb.tv is $120.

Some people are at work when the Sox night games are televised at 5 pm. So paying $15 for the MLB At Bat app makes more sense Monday through Friday.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Some people are at work when the Sox night games are televised at 5 pm. So paying $15 for the MLB At Bat app makes more sense Monday through Friday.

Yeah. I work 5 nights a week. So, it's not feasible.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
$200 is a lot of money.

I won't make the obvious: "how can you have time to make thousands of posts to an internet board about the white sox, but not have $200 to watch the games" comment.

I have gotten MLB.tv for two years in a row now, it's cheaper than Directv package, and you can watch games that are already over so I don't have to be home to watch the sox games i can watch whenever i want, thats the best feature for me, plus you skip commercials too, kinda nice, its just like a dvr