4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
10 runs

Team Dead

Fire Greg Walker

Ummm, what else did the sox haters on this board come up with?

Uh, there ain't no sox haters here...there are homers and the "sky is falling" kind of fans ;)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
now tampa bay comes in winless and reeling. lets not give them any hope

Really wish they would have won one before the sox played them.

The odds... the odds.

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Just read the news about Dunn. Glad to hear it's nothing really serious. I hope Ozzie smarts up and plays Milledge over Teahen.

I hope Milledge doesn't touch the OF too. Although maybe I'm being too quick to judge him. He misread Gordon's double and also looked worse than Carlos out there. For the sake of keeping Carlos healthy and hitting well, it might be smart to DH Quentin.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Haven't been impressed at all with Morel since opening day. Me and Tru were joking about this. But Brian Anderson had a nice opening day in '06 and forgot how to play baseball. Makes you wonder. Yes, I'm being just a tad paranoid.

The two players look nothing alike. Morel has done nothing but put up good at bats all season long. Anderson, on the other hand, had no idea what a good at bat was.

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
Just read the news about Dunn. Glad to hear it's nothing really serious. I hope Ozzie smarts up and plays Milledge over Teahen.

Milledge killed us in the first inning when he froze on the liner.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)

The odds... the odds.

Agreed.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
I hope Milledge doesn't touch the OF too. Although maybe I'm being too quick to judge him. He misread Gordon's double and also looked worse than Carlos out there. For the sake of keeping Carlos healthy and hitting well, it might be smart to DH Quentin.

No, he was horrendous out there on opening day too. It's not just misplaying 1 ball, he gets bad reads on EVERY ball in the outfield, he's terrible out there.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
The two players look nothing alike. Morel has done nothing but put up good at bats all season long. Anderson, on the other hand, had no idea what a good at bat was.

Agreed. I wasn't too high on Morel's bat coming into this season but I've been quite impressed with him at the plate so far.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
Milledge killed us in the first inning when he froze on the liner.

I know he had a bad game but it was only one game. Besides, he'd be the DH if he is in fact replacing Dunn for next few games. He was 0-3 today but I'd still start him over that scrub we got from KC.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
Brent looks like a slap hitter so far, which is totally opposite of what he showed last year. It's fine for me if he hits 9th and plays good D at 3B though.

I'd much rather have him start off as a slap hitter making a lot of contact and grow into the power than start off with a lot of power but little contact.

If he's making contact, the ball will fly off his bat soon enough.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
I'd much rather have him start off as a slap hitter making a lot of contact and grow into the power than start off with a lot of power but little contact.

If he's making contact, the ball will fly off his bat soon enough.

I agree with this, worst thing to see is a rookie trying to hit for power, become a dead pull hitter and fail at the major league level.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
I agree with this, worst thing to see is a rookie trying to hit for power, become a dead pull hitter and fail at the major league level.

A great example of this is Brian Anderson.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
It was not a lack of talent that doomed him. It was entirely mental.

He was also a colossal douche in real life, and thought he really was the next Griffey Jr.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)

The odds... the odds.

Gambler's fallacy!

Now that they've already lost 4 in a row, the odds of them losing another are the same as them winning one. The unlikely streak is only unlikely before it starts.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
Gambler's fallacy!

Now that they've already lost 4 in a row, the odds of them losing another are the same as them winning one. The unlikely streak is only unlikely before it starts.

I love you.