White Sox vs Tampa Bay game thread 4-9-11

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Don't ask me why, but with Humber on the mound we are going to the game today... Hopefully the kids at least have fun!

I'll be there too. I shall key all vehicles with Indiana plates.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
All be there as well. Thornton will be unavailable due to the number of pitches last night. Hope to watch Sale get a shot a closing.

good luck with humber pitching lol... :gosoxretro:

WGN today. I was taking advantage of the MLB Extra Innings free week to watch last night and I was seriously deflated in the 9th. But, today is a new game. I don't know what to expect from Humber, but will hope for the best.

I'd be surprised if they're going to ask Humber for more than 4 innings.

I could see Humber for four and Pena for two. If it's a game, then you can go with the usual suspects--Sale, Santos.

If it's not a game, then Jeff Gray will get an inning or two. He probably will either way.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
Pierre LF, Beckham 2B, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, Quentin RF, Pierzynski C, Ramirez SS, Teahen DH, Morel 3B

Once again, AJ batting ahead of at least two hitters who are better. I'll never understand this.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
Once again, AJ batting ahead of at least two hitters who are better. I'll never understand this.

Righty (Becks) Righty (Rios) Righty (Konerko) Righty (Quentin) Righty (Ramirez) Lefty (Pierzynski) Lefty (Teahen). Rookie (Morel) Lefty (Pierre).

Even though a couple of those guys have opposite splits...that's a lineup that won't do anything after inning 6 if the opposing manager starts playing lefty-righty matchups.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Sox O isn't the problem, the D and BP need to get their heads out of their asses.

Can't argue with that. I think the pen will be OK in the long run, whether MT remains the closer or not. D needs to sure up, or Ozzie's going to have to use Omar for late inning D replacement and motivate some asses. Omar is uncanny for getting a team focused on D, as we saw last year.

Wasted a great performance by Crain last night.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Can't argue with that. I think the pen will be OK in the long run, whether MT remains the closer or not. D needs to sure up, or Ozzie's going to have to use Omar for late inning D replacement and motivate some asses. Omar is uncanny for getting a team focused on D, as we saw last year.

Wasted a great performance by Crain last night.

See, I feel the opposite...I think the D will come together...guys like Pierre and Ramirez make mistakes sometimes, but then they'll snap it together (remember the multiple diving catches Pierre had last night?).

I'm more worried about the Pen. Pretty much everyone has been inconsistent so far.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
I'd be surprised if they're going to ask Humber for more than 4 innings.

I could see Humber for four and Pena for two. If it's a game, then you can go with the usual suspects--Sale, Santos.

If it's not a game, then Jeff Gray will get an inning or two. He probably will either way.

If Humber is pitching well they're surely not going to yank him after 4.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
I'm more worried about the Pen. Pretty much everyone has been inconsistent so far.

I wish we had called up Infante over Gray. I think Infante could have/will be this years Santos.