April 11th Game Thread White Sox versus Athletics

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I HAD been giving Pierre the benefit of the doubt because I had no choice, he did manage a .340 OBP last year (which is still s*** and he was hit by many pitches but still better than I expected) and his defense is god damn solid.

Well, that mother f***er is dead to me. He's single-handedly f***ing up Matt Thornton's career.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Hi to the 100 new people joining this thread in the last 10 minutes...

Hi. Was away from the computer but had to see the implosion of this thread after the implosion of this game.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
It's pathetic D for sure but that ball was hit pretty well. 3 batters, 3 balls smoked.

The fundamental point is, he can't get it by anyone. He needs a lot of swing and misses to be successful.

The MORE fundamental point is: Did MB ask out of this game???? If not, he needed to finish his CG shutout after only 99 pitches. We should just go with Humber in a regular rotation anyway, until he sucks, so there's no need to be so f***in p***y in managing the staff anyway. I'm not happy.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
I HAD been giving Pierre the benefit of the doubt because I had no choice, he did manage a .340 OBP last year (which is still s*** and he was hit by many pitches but still better than I expected) and his defense is god damn solid.

Well, that mother f***er is dead to me. He's single-handedly f***ing up Matt Thornton's career.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Matt Thornton has got to be mentally done with as a closer. It's a shame, but now you just hope he can salvage his season as a set-up man.

I hope he can get his confidence back when going into the setup role.

To me, this is a PERFECT example of a game we could potentially lose due to Ozzie's HORRIBLE choices when it comes to managing.

1) Pulling MB makes no sense

2) MT is NOT a closer

This is something Ron Gardenhire would NEVER DO. Ozzie needs a bench coach that can tell him what to do...everyone on here knows MB should have closed the game. And if not, for Christ sake put someone else in there other than MT