The GREAT Daniel Hudson

macsandz

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
Hey look, another quality start for Hudson. 3.58 ERA.

He may be looking at an all-star appearance.

Doubtful. Thing I've always argued is that Hudson doesn't have to be great. If he could be slightly above league average at his salary, that's a win. Anything more is a bonus.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Hey look, another quality start for Hudson. 3.58 ERA.

He may be looking at an all-star appearance.

Justin Upton would like to remind you that the D-Backs have their guaranteed spot on the roster already filled.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:05 AM)
Justin Upton would like to remind you that the D-Backs have their guaranteed spot on the roster already filled.

I would like to remind you the Diamondbacks are in 1st place, the all-star game is in Phoenix, and Hudson has 9 wins. Now, while agree that win totals for starting pitchers has been reduced to almost pointlessness, I'll throw in he has 12 quality starts out of 16 starts.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
I would like to remind you the Diamondbacks are in 1st place, the all-star game is in Phoenix, and Hudson has 9 wins. Now, while agree that win totals for starting pitchers has been reduced to almost pointlessness, I'll throw in he has 12 quality starts out of 16 starts.

Hudson also has the #26 ERA in the NL among starters. There are 7 starters in the NL who have 8+ wins and an ERA under 3. Hell, Hudson's teammate, Ian Kennedy, has 8 wins, 2 losses, and a 2.91 ERA.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:18 AM)

He's not even the best starter on the D'Backs this season.

I said "may" be looking at an all-star appearance. If he has two more great starts, and is 11-5 with an ERA around 3.30, then he could be an all-star.

The thought that the Diamondbacks have their obligatory all-star in Upton, and nobody else can make it, is a little premature.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:27 AM)
I said "may" be looking at an all-star appearance. If he has two more great starts, and is 11-5 with an ERA around 3.30, then he could be an all-star.

The thought that the Diamondbacks have their obligatory all-star in Upton, and nobody else can make it, is a little premature.

Not what I meant.

Hudson would be an all-star if the D-Backs had no one who was better. Hudson's numbers are not and will not be good enough for an all-star bid even if he throws 2 straight shutouts. His numbers might have put him there if the D-Backs had no one else who is better. They have several guys who are more deserving all-stars than Hudson, meaning that Hudson needs to get there on the strength of his numbers. His numbers aren't that strong.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
Another quality start last night vs Cleveland. 8-5, 3.49 ERA

13 quality starts out of 17.

Holmberg has a 34 inning scoreless streak.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...;vkey=news_milb

Who cares? We still have 3 months of Jackson. We clearly won that trade.

I'm so happy that this gets brought up after every good start!

Otherwise, how would I, or anyone, know what people's opinions of this trade are???

I swear this topic never gets brought up or talked about enough here, so fortunately the constant bumping of this allows us to all remember it!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
I'm so happy that this gets brought up after every good start!

Otherwise, how would I, or anyone, know what people's opinions of this trade are???

I swear this topic never gets brought up or talked about enough here, so fortunately the constant bumping of this allows us to all remember it!

Rather than b****ing about what other people post you could just avoid this thread which is clearly about Hudson and the Hudson/Jackson trade.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Rather than b****ing about what other people post you could just avoid this thread which is clearly about Hudson and the Hudson/Jackson trade.

I don't know what you're talking about. I was just saying how glad I was that people track this stuff like they do. We don't have enough of that here.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
Hudson is actually 8th overall in pitcher WAR. Ahead of the likes of David Price, Felix Hernandez and Timothy Lincecum. Think it's safe to say the guy is legit and there was a gross miscalculation of his abilities by our people.

And by Keith Law.

I saw Hudson as a #2 or #3 starter. I loved his change-up.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
at Milly-Walk-A:

4 innings, 8 hits, 6 runs, 5 er, 1 bb, 3 k, 2 homers including a grand slam by Shawn Marcum.

Off the hook for the loss, and his ERA went up to 3.75.

KW says f*** you to all Sox fans after this start!

• 3 weeks later...

Hudson has now played a season's worth of games with the Diamondbacks. Let's review how he did!

32 starts--team record 21-11

25 quality starts--yes, 25

17-7, 2.99 ERA

220 innings

192 hits

47 bb

179 K

1.086 WHIP

He'll be under team control for 5 more years. Have a nice day.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
Hudson has now played a season's worth of games with the Diamondbacks. Let's review how he did!

17-7, 2.99 ERA

220 innings

192 hits

47 bb

179 K

1.086 WHIP

The best stats there is the fact that he rarely walks people and gets a fair number of strikeouts. The walks indicate that his minor league numbers were no mirage and he really does have good control and the K's show that he really does have swing and miss stuff (which I saw in that short run he had with the Sox).

All around fail on our coaching staff/scouts for undervaluing him.

17-7, 2.99 ERA

220 innings

192 hits

47 bb

179 K

1.086 WHIP

Ouch

17-7, 2.99 ERA

220 innings

192 hits

47 bb

179 K

1.086 WHIP

What are you implying?

17-7, 2.99 ERA

220 innings

192 hits

47 bb

179 K

1.086 WHIP

I wish we played in the National League too.