fire walker

lord chas

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
That would be an interesting sacrifice. I suppose if they didn't score a run, Walker would be the obvious choice, but what if they lost 9-8,8-7,11-9 and 5-4? I think its Cowley just throwing some crap out there and if someone does go eventually he will tell everyone he broke the story.

Exactly! "You heard it here first fans..."

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
Walker getting fired would be interesting, but I don't know if it would be effective enough.

If anybody gets fired it should be Ozzie.

And when Ozzie is replaced, Kenny should also be blasted publicly by Reinsdorf if he has the guts to go to the news conference.

Yep! Exactly. Firing Walker is not enough. Make a splash and let Kenny do what he has wanted to do for a long while now. Fire Ozzie and Oney!

Edited by since56

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Indeed...and I know you're one of the last posters to ever suggest change.

As an owner and gm, you just injected 20 million dollars more into a team with the same results so far. The next step is management changes, and whether that's Ozzie or one of his crew, it has to happen.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
As an owner and gm, you just injected 20 million dollars more into a team with the same results so far. The next step is management changes, and whether that's Ozzie or one of his crew, it has to happen.

JR can be loyal to a fault, but as you point out he's no longer playing with house money. His top three-payroll bottom-three performing team needs an immediate jolt before it flatlines for the season.

How did this go so bad so fast?

And how can you say you're not going to call a team meeting to address the death-spiral because then it would "seem like you are panic"?

Well Ozzie, sometimes it's good to panic, like when the house is on fire, your girlfriend's husband comes home early or your team has suddenly gone into a cataclysmic funk and people face the very real possibility of losing their jobs. Maybe "panic" is exactly what this team needs, cuz "no panic" ain't f***ing working either.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
How did this go so bad so fast?

And how can you say you're not going to call a team meeting to address the death-spiral because then it would "seem like you are panic"?

Well Ozzie, sometimes it's good to panic, like when the house is on fire, your girlfriend's husband comes home early or your team has suddenly gone into a cataclysmic funk and people face the very real possibility of losing their jobs. Maybe "panic" is exactly what this team needs, cuz "no panic" ain't f***ing working either.

I'm convinced that they could get rid of Ozzie, stick a mannequin in the dugout with a Sox cap on its head, and manage the game asking viewers to text lineups and game decisions via the Aflac poll and get the same or better results.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
I'm convinced that they could get rid of Ozzie, stick a mannequin in the dugout with a Sox cap on its head, and manage the game asking viewers to text lineups and game decisions via the Aflac poll and get the same or better results.

Here's an idea: give Dunn a start at 1B instead of Teahen, see if being on the field and playing some D will unload some of the baggage he's carrying to the plate. Now they're saying the guy can't hit a fastball anymore.

NEW YORK – Adam Dunn certainly hasn’t looked like the guy the White Sox were expecting, and to be fair his early-season appendectomy takes much of the blame.

But just how different is Dunn?

Last season with the Washington Nationals, Dunn batted .314 with 24 home runs on at-bats that ended with a fastball.

This season, fastballs have been his undoing. Dunn is batting just .067 with only two hits in 30 at-bats in that same situation.

Thanks to ESPN’s daily MLB research department for that breakdown.

Dunn has 24 strikeouts this season in the 15 games he has played. Playing 162 games at that pace, he would strike out 259 times over a full season.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)

I bet you could do that with many managers in the league.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
It's kind of sad that our debates revolve around who deserves to be fire the most, not whether someone deserves to be fired :lolhitting

How many sports teams right now have fans that don't think someone needs fired?

Wanting people fired is the norm.

QUOTE (Ranger @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
That's pretty stupid. You shouldn't ever want them to be swept.

I agree.

Getting swept will be humiliating again.

That's intriguing about roster changes. That might have more impact than canning Ozz when you think about it.

But who do we dump? Is Dayan ready? Maybe bring him up and play him immediately.

Put Beckham at leadoff and Pierre ninth. Stuff like that.

Move Dunn to eighth.

I don't see how. This isn't football when you can just cut someone who isn't playing satisfactorily. These guys have guaranteed contracts and if you're going to talk about "meaningful" than names like Beckham and Viciedo and Vizquel and Teahen better not be uttered next...

But whatever - move some silly pieces around and willfully ignore the fact that no matter what the roster turn over, we go through ENTIRE TEAM slumps, get baffled by rookie pitchers, and it's always too cold in April-June to hit the f***ing ball consistently for now the 5th year in a row.

- Walker is first to show/last to leave

- "Small ball" our way to an inspired team

- Players play, not coaches

blahblahblah...

In the name of the Kenny, the Ozzie, and the Walker......Allin.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I don't see how. This isn't football when you can just cut someone who isn't playing satisfactorily. These guys have guaranteed contracts and if you're going to talk about "meaningful" than names like Beckham and Viciedo and Vizquel and Teahen better not be uttered next...

But whatever - move some silly pieces around and willfully ignore the fact that no matter what the roster turn over, we go through ENTIRE TEAM slumps, get baffled by rookie pitchers, and it's always too cold in April-June to hit the f***ing ball consistently for now the 5th year in a row.

- Walker is first to show/last to leave

- "Small ball" our way to an inspired team

- Players play, not coaches

blahblahblah...

In the name of the Kenny, the Ozzie, and the Walker......Allin.

You have to sit down and determine if you have the right amount of talent in place. I think we can all agree this team can win the central. Next what pieces can you change up to possibly change the team dynamic. It has to be a coach or the manager.