All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
Agreed, and something else that bugs me is that if you bring in someone like Dunn, then you might as well try to become the 2010 Blue Jays and have a lineup full of mashers. Have an 7-8-9-1 every game with no power in the AL in our ballpark is just f***ing stupid.

They almost have no choice but to insert Viciedo for Pierre and hope he can catch fire.

You put Beckham back in the line-up, Teahen at 3B, that's all you can do.

You almost consider Lillibridge over Pierre at this point if you're not willing to bring up Viciedo because of his OF defense.

And this game is over...The Sox won't have another hit today and they'll just roll up and die the next 3 innings.

The left-for-dead-Twins playing as bad as they have in years, sweep the Sox and their resurgence shall begin.

Pathetic and predictable.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
He should be throwing his bat, helmet, and anything else nearby into the dugout in disgust.

He wont because he's a quiet leader, which is probably part of the problem.

Someone needs to light a fire under this team, right? The shoulder-shrug captain should be the guy to stand up and start calling for accountability, but we all know he'll just calmly and quietly say "well.. it wasn't our day, it's nobody's fault but our own.. blah blah etc"

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
2-2-0-0-2-2-2

That's the number of runs given up in the 6th in each of Danks' starts. Not sure how many are earned, but that's not Javy-bad.

What are the first five innigns of those starts? The guys is a good pitcher he just can not go more than 6 innings on a consistent basis. His career averge innigns per start is 6.06

I get the feeling the last 13 will be retired in a row for Perkins, Nathan and Capps...maybe a ball or two will leavethe infield.

No worries the BABIP has to get better.

6-24

That's our record over the last 30 games against MINNESOTA.

20% winning percentage.

32-130 extrapolated over a full season, haha.

Ozzie should be fired for this number alone against our main rival.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
And this game is over...The Sox won't have another hit today and they'll just roll up and die the next 3 innings.

The left-for-dead-Twins playing as bad as they have in years, sweep the Sox and their resurgence shall begin.

Pathetic and predictable.

Pathetic and predictable....and yet I WILL be shocked if a managerial/coaching staff change is actually made. Because it's too predictable that we'll hear the same old crap about it being very early in May and this can still be turned around, blah, blah, blah.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
I'm pretty much done with Ozzie at this point myself. Not because the offense isnt' hitting, that's not his problem. But because of the stupid f***ing fundamentally awful coaching, plus his side show distractions. I've officially jumped off the Ozzie train.

A decent in game manger can sometimes compensate for his teams deficiencies with strategy (see Manny Acta) all Ozzie can do is go by his gut. This disaster of a season is in no way all on him, but he's done nothing to shift the mentality of these guys in any significant direction. He's all talk and no action.

Edited by Thunderbolt