All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
By that time, they might have you committed to the looney bin.

Only 1-9 left to go on this road trip and we reach 5-26, and reverse last year's run.

YAY!!!!!

4-17, 4-17, 4-17....how is it possible with a $128 million dollar payroll in the American League Central?

Terrible unprepared coaching staff.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Danks will be 0-5 by May 4th. If this hold up I would of lost any bet on that.

It's their secret internal strategy to keep the amount on his contract extension below $100 million for Danks.

Give me Danny Wright or James Baldwin over Danks, they knew how to win. LOL

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Jesus.Montero.

We can only wish. Instead, we'll get some retread former top prospect. Matt Bush still around? I can't wait for us to also give up our veterans players basically for free as a thank you to them (ie: Thome).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
6 innings of 3 run ball with a bunch of terrible defense isn't really comparable to Javy's "one bad pitch" or "one bad inning"

He's been an absolute disaster in the 6th inning this year. If he wants "ace" money, then pitch like one.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
It's their secret internal strategy to keep the amount on his contract extension below $100 million for Danks.

Give me Danny Wright or James Baldwin over Danks, they knew how to win. LOL

Danny Wright? Gag.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
We hit Fun Bad last night.

Yeah, when I started rooting for the no-hitter I knew they had become fun-bad.

It's like George Carlin once said, when you view something happening and that part inside you wishes for it to become even worse; that is my angle, here.

Every win we have from this point forward hurts us. I just envision JR sitting around looking for any reason not to do anything. "Hey, they won four in a row; lets give them another month." "Hey, their summer schedule is easy and teams have overcome a similar deficit in the standings; lets give them another month."

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
you can send this one to Copperstown

another intentional walk that does nothing but give up another run

anyone think a legitimate bench coach may help this team

Copperstown, Beardstown or Cooperstown, this is one game that will drive the youth of today away from the game of baseball in droves if anyone in the world is actually forced to watch it again.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Man, Nick Blackburn is a stud! We are just running in to some good pitching guys, that's all.

Brad Penny, Bartolo Colon, Liriano, Blackburn. Nothing you can do about that.

Cy..............CY.....................CY

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
He's been an absolute disaster in the 6th inning this year. If he wants "ace" money, then pitch like one.

What did he do that was a disaster that inning? He had to go and get 4 outs with zero help defensively including stopping runners from advancing.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
Man, Nick Blackburn is a stud! We are just running in to some good pitching guys, that's all.

Brad Penny, Bartolo Colon, Liriano, Blackburn. Nothing you can do about that.

Funny that some were actually using that excuse early on.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
It's simply not hard to get out of an inning against us

Agreed, and something else that bugs me is that if you bring in someone like Dunn, then you might as well try to become the 2010 Blue Jays and have a lineup full of mashers. Have an 7-8-9-1 every game with no power in the AL in our ballpark is just f***ing stupid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
What did he do that was a disaster that inning? He had to go and get 4 outs with zero help defensively including stopping runners from advancing.

This wasn't his worst 6th inning outing, but with an ERA approaching 18 in the 6th inning this year, it would be nice for him to shut down the opposition for once.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)

2-2-0-0-2-2-2

That's the number of runs given up in the 6th in each of Danks' starts. Not sure how many are earned, but that's not Javy-bad.