Why not? The official "Alex Rios Sucks" Thread

Steve9347

I've been complaining about Beckham and Dunn, but Alex Rios is actually the worst hitter on our team while making $12 million! For this we get an astounding .202 / .261 / .312 / .573 slash line.

A FIVE SEVENTY THREE OPS FOR TWELVE MILLION!

Kenny should be fired for this one alone (though the Manny move could definitely add a little salt to that wound).

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
I'm getting tired of caring about underachievement, to be honest. I'm craving a rebuild more and more with each passing day.

Wow, I can't even imagine the b****ing on this website if we were to rebuild. We would be terrible for years to come with no guarantee of this amazing future everyone associates with rebuilding.

We're better off going for the division and hoping to maintain our large payroll. That's really the only way to compensate for our bad minor league system and have a chance of competing.

I'm not prepared to be the Pittsburgh Pirates for the next seven years. Remember, we won't go over slot, don't have much of a presence in Latin America, and don't have enough tradable assets to replenish our system. We'd have to suck Pirates style to get the young talent to needed to successfully complete a rebuild.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
I'm getting tired of caring about underachievement, to be honest. I'm craving a rebuild more and more with each passing day.

Hopefully JFP does it again tonight and we can go back to thinking about winning every series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Hopefully JFP does it again tonight and we can go back to thinking about winning every series.

I still don't think it's going to matter. It'll just prolong the inevitable when, down the line in August or September, they crap all over themselves again and fail to make the playoffs. It's the same thing every year with this team. Start off slowly, get hot, end slowly. They are usually just good enough to remain in the race long enough to keep people's attention, but just bad enough to miss the playoffs the vast majority of the time. Then we have only a mediocre draft pick, we sign second-rate talent (and when we get first-rate talent, they somehow still flop), and continue the same process anew.

Edited by Milkman delivers

This was posted in the Catch-All earlier this month, but it's so perfect that it should be seen by more people.

February: Spring training just started. Give them some time to get in shape.

March: How can you complain about the Sox when they haven't even had a real game yet?

April: It's only a few games into the season. Give the team a chance to get going before you criticize.

May: It's still early in the season. Wait until summer gets here to judge them.

June: You can't really gauge a team until the all-star break, so give them a break.

July: Who knows what will happen at the trade deadline. Wait until you see what they pick up before you complain.

August: Who knows what will happen at the waiver deadline. Wait until you see what they pick up before you complain.

September: Oh sure, it's easy to complain in hindsight. Where were you before the season began?

October: The offseason hasn't begun yet. Wait and see who they sign this offseason.

November: It is still early in the offseason. Why jump out and sign a bunch of overpriced free agents? You can't buy a championship you know!

December: Give them until Soxfest at least to make any big moves.

January: Maybe you can at least wait until spring training begins to b**** about the team!

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Wow, I can't even imagine the b****ing on this website if we were to rebuild. We would be terrible for years to come with no guarantee of this amazing future everyone associates with rebuilding.

We're better off going for the division and hoping to maintain our large payroll. That's really the only way to compensate for our bad minor league system and have a chance of competing.

I'm not prepared to be the Pittsburgh Pirates for the next seven years. Remember, we won't go over slot, don't have much of a presence in Latin America, and don't have enough tradable assets to replenish our system. We'd have to suck Pirates style to get the young talent to needed to successfully complete a rebuild.

excellent post

we are not in any position to rebuild and contend anytime soon. If we try to rebuild, it certainly isn't going to be one of those quick rebuilds where we are back in 2 years.

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
excellent post

we are not in any position to rebuild and contend anytime soon. If we try to rebuild, it certainly isn't going to be one of those quick rebuilds where we are back in 2 years.

I'm fine with it. This current rut is not fixing itself. The whole thing needs to be torn down and built back up.

I'm willing to watch a s***ty team rebuild. I'm not willing to watch a slightly less s***ty team refuse to rebuild.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)
This was posted in the Catch-All earlier this month, but it's so perfect that it should be seen by more people.

February:b**** about paying top signing too much

March: b**** about not hitting in spring trainings first week

April: Demand meltdown of entire team after opening day loss

May: Disappear during the inevitable hot streak

June: Demand meltdown of entire team

July: Demand trades for top players on the market without giving up top prospects

August: b**** about not getting top player in trade market/Complain about giving up too much for who we got

September: Demand meltdown of entire team

October: b**** about not signing top free agent

November:b**** about not signing top free agent

December: b**** about who was/isn't protected in Rule 5 draft

January: b**** about there some random free agent not being signed despite his monster OPS in the 18 ABs he was actually healthy last season

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:38 AM)

February: Spring training just started. Give them some time to get in shape.

March: How can you complain about the Sox when they haven't even had a real game yet?

April: It's only a few games into the season. Give the team a chance to get going before you criticize.

May: It's still early in the season. Wait until summer gets here to judge them.

June: You can't really gauge a team until the all-star break, so give them a break.

July: Who knows what will happen at the trade deadline. Wait until you see what they pick up before you complain.

August: Who knows what will happen at the waiver deadline. Wait until you see what they pick up before you complain.

September: Oh sure, it's easy to complain in hindsight. Where were you before the season began?

October: The offseason hasn't begun yet. Wait and see who they sign this offseason.

November: It is still early in the offseason. Why jump out and sign a bunch of overpriced free agents? You can't buy a championship you know!

December: Give them until Soxfest at least to make any big moves.

January: Maybe you can at least wait until spring training begins to b**** about the team!

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
You forgot about

FIRE OZZIE

FIRE WALKER

FIRE COOP

FIRE KW

FIRE REINSDORF

FIRE SOUTHPAW

FIRE HAWK

and so on and so on..,

You people realize that the stuff in the original post was made in response to the attitude that is being taken in Chet and SS2k5's posts?

So you aren't being clever in the least. It's actually quite the opposite.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
And your point? The b****ing seems warranted given the fact that the team continues to find itself doing the same things year after year.

My point is that after so long, it just becomes looking for drama. If you really believe this team sucks this bad, and has for that long, and yet are still obsessing over every single little thing, that pretty much makes you the pessimistic version of a Cub fan. You know exactly what is going to supposedly happen, have zero expectations of it being good, and yet still waste your time with it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
You people realize that the stuff in the original post was made in response to the attitude that is being taken in Chet and SS2k5's posts?

So you aren't being clever in the least. It's actually quite the opposite.

Which is completely in response to the perpetual b****ing about everything.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
My point is that after so long, it just becomes looking for drama. If you really believe this team sucks this bad, and has for that long, and yet are still obsessing over every single little thing, that pretty much makes you the pessimistic version of a Cub fan. You know exactly what is going to supposedly happen, have zero expectations of it being good, and yet still waste your time with it.

Because I'm a fan of the team.

It's laughable that someone would take that stance, as I'd be berated to no end for not being a fan if I decided that I wasn't going to watch games anymore.

It's a no-win situation. I guess I should just become an optimist, and then everyone will agree with me.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
I've been wanting a rebuild since 2007. And since then, they have shown me nothing that has changed my mind.

I know. I'm just saying, You're crazier than I was. And I think you're sober most of the time. lol. At least I was drunk. lol.