AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
I dunno what to expect of Humber tmr its gonna be just his 2 appearance since July 7th

5 really solid innings, struggling in the 6th as he closes in on 90 pitches, Ozzie leaving him in until the lead is blown and no one up in the bullpen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 08:30 PM)
I wonder do Red Sox fans look at us the way we look at a team like the Royals. "We blitz the f*** out of everybody. But we can't seem to beat those mediocre White Sox." They would be a lot more vulgar, of course.

It's probably a little different since we did sweep them in a postseason series and then win a WS...yes, I know it was 6 years ago...but those postseason defeats linger with you...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
I wonder do Red Sox fans look at us the way we look at a team like the Royals. "We blitz the f*** out of everybody. But we can't seem to beat those mediocre White Sox." They would be a lot more vulgar, of course.

LOL, I was thinking about that while watching the game. Love AJ's reaction to pretty much that same topic.

31-22 against teams over .500 this season.

Of course, we're the equally baffling 9 games under .500 against "bad" teams like the Royals, Twins and Orioles.

Biggest pitch of the game was definitely K'ing Youkilis with the bases loaded on the offspeed pitch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)

F*** Red Sox Nation!!!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
31-22 against teams over .500 this season.

Of course, we're the equally baffling 9 games under .500 against "bad" teams like the Royals, Twins and Orioles.

Biggest pitch of the game was definitely K'ing Youkilis with the bases loaded on the offspeed pitch.

Baffling.

Nice to win with three lousy hits. Thanks AJP.

Great pitching ... again.

It truly is amazing to me this team is .500 considering the plethora of lousy at bats night in and night out. I think it's a minor miracle.

it would be nice to see this team do two things now that we've wisely benched Rios: add Viciedo and make a trade for another bat (maybe a 3B or 2B who can hit) and actually make a run at winning the division and one playoff series this season). I think we blew it not dealing Edwin for a bat. Would the Cubbies have sent us Ramirez for Edwin and some minor leaguer?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
@STATS_MLB

STATS LLC

#WhiteSox lower #MLB-best ERA to 1.92 since All-Star break with 7th straight win over #RedSox, who lead majors with 89 runs after break.

3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Sweet! 1.92 needless to say is outstanding!!!!