Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Everything...I have no idea why any player would ever want to play for this organization if they have to worry that anything that happens behind the scenes could be fair game to be exposed to the media by the manager's kid.

You mean like what their wife looks like?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
Everything...I have no idea why any player would ever want to play for this organization if they have to worry that anything that happens behind the scenes could be fair game to be exposed to the media by the manager's kid.

As much as I love the White Sox(and I will until the day I die) it's becoming increasingly hard to root for this management group and this group of players. I never thought being a Sox fan would be this f***in hard.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
Seriously, how have none of the Chicago Sportswriters figured this out yet? I know it took us nearly a day to get it, but we're not paid to see what Oney says. Maybe there's an "Oney said something stupid" article prohibition.

All someone has to do is tweet Dan Bernstein (or send them an email) or possibly Law Holmes and tie it together. B&B would love this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
Seriously, how have none of the Chicago Sportswriters figured this out yet? I know it took us nearly a day to get it, but we're not paid to see what Oney says. Maybe there's an "Oney said something stupid" article prohibition.

Well the Sun-Times can't risk losing their only White Sox source, so perhaps that's their excuse.

Hey Oney,

In case you are reading this, I am your biggest fan. However, I must bring it to your attention that I ran into Sergio Santos about three weeks ago at a steakhouse and we got talking, and he said you were a b****. I was appalled by that, and told him you were just a little misunderstood, but he said you were a something-something-something and he used both the "p" word and the other "f" word. I just wanted to let you know that. I think it's mean to talk about somebody behind his back like that. You should tweet that HIS wife looks like a dog, that'd be really funny.

Thanks,

KHP your biggest fan

PS I hope you never leave the city

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
As much as I love the White Sox(and I will until the day I die) it's becoming increasingly hard to root for this management group and this group of players. I never thought being a Sox fan would be this f***in hard.

I've seriously soured on this team a lot. It's like being married to someone for years thinking that you love them, and then one day you really start to question it. Like, how did I get to this point?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)

So funny you said this. I know you used to be the ultimate homer on here back in 2005, so your reputation on this site is clearly better than mine. Anyways, yesterday was one of the most annoying days I can remember with regards to rooting for the Sox and hoping to see them make the right decision. This year's team has been difficult to watch, as watching a chiropractic neck adjustment on youtube has been more enjoyable. There's a few players on this team that are easy to root for, but for the most part, this is a team that just hasn't connected with the fans (or the baseball).

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
So funny you said this. I know you used to be the ultimate homer on here back in 2005, so your reputation on this site is clearly better than mine. Anyways, yesterday was one of the most annoying days I can remember with regards to rooting for the Sox and hoping to see them make the right decision. This year's team has been difficult to watch, as watching a chiropractic neck adjustment on youtube has been more enjoyable. There's a few players on this team that are easy to root for, but for the most part, this is a team that just hasn't connected with the fans (or the baseball).

I really do think there are a ton of likeable guys on this team, but the offensive struggles are just too hard to watch. I really miss the 2001-2004 teams at this point.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
I really do think there are a ton of likeable guys on this team, but the offensive struggles are just too hard to watch. I really miss the 2001-2004 teams at this point.

Yes, the individuals on this team aren't unlikeable except for Rios. It's just the style of play and the results that make for a team that's been hard to support.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
Yes, the individuals on this team aren't unlikeable except for Rios. It's just the style of play and the results that make for a team that's been hard to support.

peavy drives me nuts

Ok in no way I'm defending oney here, but teahen needs to shut up, be professional and just ignore that bag of s***.

Now the sox really can't stop oney from tweeting, but they can and need to step in when oney is blasting every former player that his father managed, oney has no right getting into a company's affairs. This is a PR disaster for the sox and the chairman and not Kenny needs to step in. It has to stop, oney needs to realize that social media is not to be starting s*** in name of the whitesox, even tho it's not direcly, but his father is employed by the Chicago white sox and whatever he says could and will affect the image of that corporation. And if teahen didn't like Ozzie or the guillens he souldn't have signed that 4 year extension.