What is your favorite Simpsons episode?

Milkman delivers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
I thought the show went through a pretty bad spell for about 5 years, but the last few seasons have actually been pretty good. Still not as good as seasons 3-10, but I find most episodes entertaining.

The episode where Homer lives with the two gay roomates is pretty great. Been some good episodes the past couple years after a few year run of less than stellar tv.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
I thought the show went through a pretty bad spell for about 5 years, but the last few seasons have actually been pretty good. Still not as good as seasons 3-10, but I find most episodes entertaining.

I agree with this. Hell, even the bad spell was better than most of the s*** on TV.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
That 90's Show, Ralph for Mayor, and others have all been good and thats just the last 2-3 seasons. There have been plenty of great episodes in the last 10.

I think the Simpson's demise has been overrated, some episodes are good, some not so much.

Well, part of the issue is that there have been some horrible, horrible, "I want that 30 minutes" back episodes along with any good ones, and the other part is that you're comparing it to the best 10 season run for any TV show ever.

The first episode I thought of is when Homer eats that insanity pepper at the chili festival. Homer's quest to find his soul mate. I think it ends up being a lighthouse.

"El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)"

Edited by Nyx81

I dont think its anything like Brett Farve because Simpsons never went off the air and then returned. You may not like their product anymore, but some of the last 10 years have been amazing. Im 99% sure Homer going to India is in there and a bunch of other really good episodes.

Its just a numbers game if you make 300+ episodes you are going to have some bad ones.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
My top 10 in no particular order (several mentioned already)

-Homer the Great (Stonecutters)

-Homer vs the 18th Ammendment (Beer Baron)

-Homer at the Bat (softball)

-The Cartridge Family (NRA)

-Simpson Tide (Homer in the naval reserve)

-King Size Homer (the one where Homer gains weight to get on disability)

-Homer and Apu (Homer gets Apu fired)

-Treehouse of Horror V (The Shining parody and the dimension-shifting toaster are awesome, could do without the cafeteria one)

-A Star is Burns (film festival)

-Trash of the Titans (the garbage man can!)

Honorable Mention- Hungy, Hungry Homer (Albuquerque Isotopes, made more awesome by the fact that it's an actual team because of this episode)

I was saying boo-urns.

I agree with Snrub.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
When Homer was the food critic. It was a pretty good episode, but Homer asking the dog for input was priceless. The dog barks "ruff", and Homer says, "You've been pitching that all night." Then the dog barks "chewy?" Classic.

I almost included that one.

Homer: Well, what do you think?

Editor: This is a joke, right? I mean this is the stupidest thing

I've ever read!

Homer: What's wrong with it?

Editor: You keep using words like "Pasghetti" and "Momatoes" You

make numerous threatening references to the UN and at the

end you repeat the words "Screw Flanders" over and over

again.

Homer: Oh, it's so hard to get to 500 words.

I always liked "Stark Raving Dad" - the episode guest-staring Michael Jackson where it's Lisa's birthday but Bart doesn't acknowledge it until the end of the episode. Then he and "Michael" (aka Leon) write her a birthday song.

This thread inspired me to sit in front of my computer and watch clips on YouTube.

I don't remember what episode it was from, but when Homer was trying to build a BBQ pit and ended up running screaming at it with a patio umbrella. All time best Homer scream.

Another favorite clip was when Homer and Jay Sherman had the belching contest.