Rios strands 6 baserunners!

soxfan72

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 04:55 AM)
On the bright side, Rios's two bases-loaded popups were to the opposite field. Maybe he is improving in his ability to go the opposite field.

Or am I grasping at straws here?

You are grasping.

Rios had one good week and some were already talking of him hitting leadoff for the Sox next year.

He's no good and Sox apparently are stuck with him.

He should be a fourth outfielder, but Oz won't play DeAza.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 01:50 AM)
You are grasping.

Rios had one good week and some were already talking of him hitting leadoff for the Sox next year.

He's no good and Sox apparently are stuck with him.

He should be a fourth outfielder, but Oz won't play DeAza.

De Aza hits righties at a .400 clip while Rios hits lefties at about .291 clip but despite any of those numbers Ozzie keeps playing Rios every day no matter who is pitching. Ozzie nothing is going to change Obtaining Rios was a mistake playing Rios is a bigger mistake especially when you have better alternatives on your bench.

The last 2 posts make me laugh so hard that im going to sleep.

Its so serious that i can barely even take half the posters on this board seriously anymore.

I guess ill go cry myself to sleep about how Soxtalk used to be a forum for those who understood baseball, but now its just a breeding ground for ridiculousness.

Sorry folks but the facts are the facts.

Has there been a dumber thread than this? This is a waste of space, it's not like rios was the only one that sucked last night.....;) useless discussion. Yeah Rios has sucked, it's been said 100000000 of times.WE KNOW

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 06:59 AM)
Has there been a dumber thread than this? This is a waste of space, it's not like rios was the only one that sucked last night.....;) useless discussion. Yeah Rios has sucked, it's been said 100000000 of times.WE KNOW

yet, you responded 4 times in this thread. Have you ever read the term "Ignore the troll"? Im not saying Soxfan72 is a troll, but if you dont like a topic and feel it is a waste of space, then why continue to try and force the point? Just like you said, WE KNOW

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 04:28 AM)

Its so serious that i can barely even take half the posters on this board seriously anymore.

I guess ill go cry myself to sleep about how Soxtalk used to be a forum for those who understood baseball, but now its just a breeding ground for ridiculousness.

It seems hyperbole works both ways.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)

What is wrong with the previous two posts? Rios is wrapping up one of the worst seasons in Sox history. If not for Dunn, he'd be getting even more heat.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
yet, you responded 4 times in this thread. Have you ever read the term "Ignore the troll"? Im not saying Soxfan72 is a troll, but if you dont like a topic and feel it is a waste of space, then why continue to try and force the point? Just like you said, WE KNOW

I KNOW......

:lolhitting

Fathom,

The fact that people consider De Aza a better option against lhp when Rios has been doing well this season and arguing that Ozzie shouldnt have started him last night.

Im critical of Ozzie when he makes (imo) a bad decision, but this is just grass is always greener stuff. Id love to see any stats where De Aza is better than Rios against lefties.

Milkman,

That was more drunk posting than hyperbole but even drunk I can read stats.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Fathom,

The fact that people consider De Aza a better option against lhp when Rios has been doing well this season and arguing that Ozzie shouldnt have started him last night.

Im critical of Ozzie when he makes (imo) a bad decision, but this is just grass is always greener stuff. Id love to see any stats where De Aza is better than Rios against lefties.

Milkman,

Fair enough badger...I have no problem with Rios starting against a LHP at home either.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
Fathom,

Milkman,

I don't know why you freaked out Badger.

I am of the opinion Rios should not be playing AT ALL for reasons that are obvious.

And what's so laughable about me pointing out in my post I'm scared to death of the poster who suggested Rios be our leadoff hitter next year.

Yes I would rather have DeAza playing against a lefty rather than Rios. Rios burned his bridge in Chicago a long time ago. He had one good week vs. Balt and Minnie. Good for him.

When DeAza came up it should have been to be the starter.

Hopefully next year the new manager will not play Rios.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Freaked out? I was drunk and making a joke about some of the comments.

Its just clear you no longer are objective on the subject. Hard to take your posts seriously at that point.

I thought u were all mad and freaking out.