8/18 Game Thread: Indians @ White Sox, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the baseball stupid subsides for 40 games.

I was at the game last night and could only imagine how many time Hawk said you gotta make Carmona get it up. they swung at about 10 to 15 balls that were in the dirt.

In a season of pathetic offensive outputs last night was right up there as the worst.

Big game and they blew it with as listless of a performance as a team could have. Why let Lucy bat to start the 8th with Lillibridge and Rios on the bench???

Let's hope for a good one tonight.

Not to mention a real nice crowd lot of freebies. Upperdeck was about 80% full. The scene after the bottom of the 8th was incredible it literally looked like somebody yelled fire.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 08:37 AM)
Let's hope the baseball stupid subsides for 40 games.

I was at the game last night and could only imagine how many time Hawk said you gotta make Carmona get it up. they swung at about 10 to 15 balls that were in the dirt.

In a season of pathetic offensive outputs last night was right up there as the worst.

Big game and they blew it with as listless of a performance as a team could have. Why let Lucy bat to start the 8th with Lillibridge and Rios on the bench???

Let's hope for a good one tonight.

Not to mention a real nice crowd lot of freebies. Upperdeck was about 80% full. The scene after the bottom of the 8th was incredible it literally looked like somebody yelled fire.

We already have two catchers out of commission. We have to be extra careful with them right now.

Winning this series will be huge. Losing the series will be evn more huge. This is a team the Sox have to beat. They can't win against teams other than Cleveland and Detroit and then hope other teams beat up on Cleveland and Detroit.

The bats need to wake up again. Humber needs to step it up and return to his earlier form.

:gosoxretro: :gosox1: :bringit :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox4:

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
He had the best at bats on the team last night

I watched on & off last night, so I must have missed those. Good to hear, hope he can look OK tonight.

#WhiteSox' Dunn batting .313 (10 for 32) against the #Indians this season and .149 (47 for 316) against every other team

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
I watched on & off last night, so I must have missed those. Good to hear, hope he can look OK tonight.

#WhiteSox' Dunn batting .313 (10 for 32) against the #Indians this season and .149 (47 for 316) against every other team

Don't forget though that he played the Indians in those first couple games of the season when he had the magic powers of his appendix.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
Don't forget though that he played the Indians in those first couple games of the season when he had the magic powers of his appendix.

Maybe we should buy one on the black market and have one surgically re-inserted?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Mark Gonzales

Sox lineup: Pierre lf, De Aza rf, Konerko dh, Dunn 1b, Ramirez ss, Rios cf, Vizquel 3b, Flowers c, Beckham 2b, Humber p

In a game of this magnitude and importance, we're once again screwing around with batting Dunn 4th, and Rios in the line-up instead of Quentin? I don't get it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
Ozzie actually looking at stats and seeing that Quentin sucks against Masterson?

Just like against Pavano, yet people complain when Ozzie does finally look at the stats. CQ's not the only one to struggle against Masterson.

CQ: 1-19

PK: 4-22

Alexei: 3-19

Rios: 3-24