6/28 GT - SOX @ M's - 3:10pm CDT - WGN

knightni

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this will be my last Sox game this year. I guess I'm pretty fortunate really that the only games I get to go to are when they play in Seattle. I've seen all the games this year and one (win) last year, 5-1 overall. Let's make it 6-1 Gavin! I'm stoked to get to see the Tank play today. :gosox1:

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Well, this will be my last Sox game this year. I guess I'm pretty fortunate really that the only games I get to go to are when they play in Seattle. I've seen all the games this year and one (win) last year, 5-1 overall. Let's make it 6-1 Gavin! I'm stoked to get to see the Tank play today. :gosox1:

Again good for you. I will most likely make a trip out there for a Sox series in 2012. My real goal is to make it to Chicago though. I wil setle for WGN today. I didn't think any game of this series would be on WGN, but glad it is.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Why wouldn't Ozzie put Viciedo at 1B, and The Bridge in RF? Wants to see Dayan's OF skills I guess?

Viciedo's been working on being an OF all year. IT might be worse defensively in the OF to not have the Elf out there, but moving Viciedo around defensively is not a smart move, and it's been a bad idea every time we've done it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
RIOS MUST PLAY.

Ozzie's final season is a stubborn one. He's flipping off everybody a final few times showing who is the boss as he gears for Florida.

Rios batting fourth is a flipoff to the fans.

I'm surprised Dunn isn't playing. It's like Ozzie is saying, 'You try to win with these bums like I've been trying to.'

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
Ozzie's final season is a stubborn one. He's flipping off everybody a final few times showing who is the boss as he gears for Florida.

Rios batting fourth is a flipoff to the fans.

I'm surprised Dunn isn't playing. It's like Ozzie is saying, 'You try to win with these bums like I've been trying to.'

Guys I am sorry if I missed this but did Ozzie 100% did NOT want Rios? Is this speculation or an on record disagreement between them? We all know KW loved Rios but I don't recall anything where Ozzie was not happy to get him and there was some type of disagreement.

If Oz didn't want Rios, then this is obviously a "FU" to KW on his way out the door, as we all know Ozzie is an ignorant pigheaded dumbass 99% of the time but he's not even this dumb is he?

It's the type of thing that should almost be brought up with the fair competition committee if there is one in baseball to review whether or not teams are giving their best effort game in game out, LOL

If Oz didn't want Rios, then this is obviously a "FU" to KW on his way out the door, as we all know Ozzie is an ignorant pigheaded dumbass 99% of the time but he's not even this dumb is he?

It's the type of thing that should almost be brought up with the fair competition committee if there is one in baseball to review whether or not teams are giving their best effort game in game out, LOL

--

Has the media asked Ozzie's take on Rios batting fourth in some games?

I agree it's a big FU as he wraps up his final season on the South Side.

If we finish .500, BTW, Ozzie's departure is going to be controversial. Sox aren't going to look good nationally on this one.

To go .500 with Dunn and Rios having years like that and Beckham sucking? Some media will say he should be manager of the year. Those are 3 automatic outs.

Also there should be a lot of national jokes on saying goodbye to a manager who led Chicago to the rarest of things - a baseball championship.

I won't cry the day he leaves but it should be crazy fun.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)

If we finish .500, BTW, Ozzie's departure is going to be controversial. Sox aren't going to look good nationally on this one.

To go .500 with Dunn and Rios having years like that and Beckham sucking? Some media will say he should be manager of the year. Those are 3 automatic outs.

Also there should be a lot of national jokes on saying goodbye to a manager who led Chicago to the rarest of things - a baseball championship.

If the Sox finish .500 and the Tigers finish .530, no one will find Ozzie's departure controversial except you.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
If the Sox finish .500 and the Tigers finish .530, no one will find Ozzie's departure controversial except you.

I will agree with Greg that it's pretty tough to win with 3-4 automatic outs in your lineup, which Ozzie has been stuck with all year. And it's pretty hard to move Dunn from the lineup in June because the guy has had a track record irregardless of the cash invested into him. That said, I'm sick of the comedy show here that is the whitesox management team and if Dave Martinez or Sandy Alomar are as good as advertised, let's get one of them...

I won't lose any sleep of losing Ozzie and his in game decision making (not to mention lineups of our worst players batting 4th because he wants to stick it to our GM when we are still theoretically in the race. That is f**king bulls*it.)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)

Maybe they could have been in the race had Ozzie not continued putting these automatic outs in promenent spots in the order.