Elimin.....ation

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 07:12 AM)
I will support absolutely none of this darkness and negativity. If Boston loses out and we win out, that's a WC tie, baby! Just win, baby! All you gotta do is believe.

Exactly, if Boston loses out and TB loses out after this Boston series and LAAA win 4 or less, and the Sox win out, there is a 3 or 4 way tie for the WC. Don't stop believing.

Edited by Dick Allen

I was listening to the "Grobstein takes calls from the stupid and blackout drunk show" on 670 and thought I heard him say they weren't eliminated from Wild Card yet- just the Division.

I know that was the plan all along. The Sox just feel bad for the people that live in Detroit because they have to live in Detroit, so they gave them something to be temporarily happy about. The laws of karma dictate that Sox will meet Detroit in the ALCS and sweep them even with Verlander going in Games 1 and 4.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 06:08 AM)
I hope to god someone in that org. steps in and lets Ozzie know they better be seeing Flowers, De Aza, maybe even Escobar playing more consistently now to go along with Beckham, Morel, Viciedo and the young arms.

Ozzie is quoted in the Tribune today saying that he's going to keep playing the same guys. He can't leave soon enough in my book.

"Guillen said he would continue to play most of his starters instead of the younger players for the final 13 games."

QUOTE (balfanman @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 08:47 AM)
Ozzie is quoted in the Tribune today saying that he's going to keep playing the same guys. He can't leave soon enough in my book.

"Guillen said he would continue to play most of his starters instead of the younger players for the final 13 games."

<_>

Of course, they need that second place finish for the coaches to get their 10K bonus for X-mas. What a great guy Ozzie is!

Edited by SoxAce

ugh

He's been stymying this team's progress for years. It's only fitting that his last acts as manager do the same.

The regular players are paid to play. Make them earn it. I don't really think playing rookies for the last 13 days is going to make a difference for 2012. Hopefully Spring Training is where they show up. Using the logic of playing rookies to see their contributions for the remainder of the season is like thinking Dunn or Rios will magically appear also. So it's six of one and seven of the other

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
The regular players are paid to play. Make them earn it. I don't really think playing rookies for the last 13 days is going to make a difference for 2012. Hopefully Spring Training is where they show up. Using the logic of playing rookies to see their contributions for the remainder of the season is like thinking Dunn or Rios will magically appear also. So it's six of one and seven of the other

W.H.A.T.?!!!!!!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)

this is ... just baffling.

why do some sox fans lose any modicum of baseball intelligence when the discussion turns to ozzie guillen? remind me how it's not useful to see what you'll get out of youngsters at the major league level when there's nothing riding on it? please - i'd love to hear the answer.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
this is ... just baffling.

why do some sox fans lose any modicum of baseball intelligence when the discussion turns to ozzie guillen? remind me how it's not useful to see what you'll get out of youngsters at the major league level when there's nothing riding on it? please - i'd love to hear the answer.

Because bums like Dunn and Rios make too much money to ever be benched.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
He supports Ozzie for another year, ignore it.

No, I get that. But even with greg, I can wrap my head around most, if not all, of the stuff he says. I have no rebuttal for what elrockin' just said. I can't come up with anything. He just bamboozled me. I feel violated.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
No, I get that. But even with greg, I can wrap my head around most, if not all, of the stuff he says. I have no rebuttal for what elrockin' just said. I can't come up with anything. He just bamboozled me. I feel violated.

How are we going to apply pressure and win the wild card if we don't play our highest paid players?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 06:12 AM)
I will support absolutely none of this darkness and negativity. If Boston loses out and we win out, that's a WC tie, baby! Just win, baby! All you gotta do is believe.

I refuse to recognize MLB's rules for winning the division. The AL central is still ours, despite what Bud Selig says!