Cooper and Baines get extensions

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Balta. Extending Cooper was, I think, a necessity. But also Baines? That seems odd, because I'd think you'd want the new manager to have as many choices as possible outside of Coop. And I doubt they have made a decision already and talked to that person - Bell has said no, so the only internal guy on anyone's radar is McEwing. The other guys, I think they aren't even allowed to talk with yet.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
Coop would prefer the anonymity of the Marlins to the red hot spotlight of the Yankees.

Again, how do you know this? There have been reports connecting him to the Yankees for years. Hell, he gets interviewed on radio in the 3rd largest city in the country and just signed a 4 year deal to stay there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
Again, how do you know this? There have been reports connecting him to the Yankees for years. Hell, he gets interviewed on radio in the 3rd largest city in the country and just signed a 4 year deal to stay there.

Pitching coach for the Yankees comes with intense scrutiny. Coop doesn't want that all things being reasonably close to equal.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
KW seems to want someone he can control as his new manager, so to me this just signifies the new guy in will be a "yes man" to KW, which totally sucks. I am already deflated hearing this news and what this really means

"controlling" and "not having a guy diametrically opposed to your philosophy" are two different things.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
KW seems to want someone he can control as his new manager, so to me this just signifies the new guy in will be a "yes man" to KW, which totally sucks. I am already deflated hearing this news and what this really means

Alomar is bad news if you want this organization to embrace a new way of thinking.