C Molina

1b Votto

2b Phillips

3b Polanco

ss Tulo

of Parra, Kemp, Ethier

This is the first time in Ichiro's 10 year MLB career that he did not win

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
DKnobler DKnobler

Rays seem dead-set against trading Shields. They might listen on Hellickson before they listen on Shields (very unlikely they trade either)

6 minutes ago

I can't believe that Shield's won't be on the market . . .

lmao@they might deal Hellickson, who's multiple years away from arbitration, and dead-set against trading Shields, who's making, what, $9 million next year and more after that?

Edit: I think it's $7.5 million Shields will make next year.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
lmao@they might deal Hellickson, who's multiple years away from arbitration, and dead-set against trading Shields, who's making, what, $9 million next year and more after that?

Edit: I think it's $7.5 million Shields will make next year.

It's just them trying to drive the asking price up.

Silver Slugger winners:

c Avila

1b Gonzalez

2b Cano

3b Beltre

ss A. Cabrera

OF Ellsbury, Granderson, Bautista

DH Ortiz

c McCann

1b Fielder

2b Phillips

3b Aramis Ramirez

ss Tulo

OF Braun, Kemp, Upton

p D. Hudson

I was pretty shocked that Napoli didn't win, but i suppose it was because he split so much time between C/1b/DH.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 08:15 AM)
I was pretty shocked that Napoli didn't win, but i suppose it was because he split so much time between C/1b/DH.

Actually I'd guess its more becuase he missed 1/3 of the season with injury and didn't have enough PA's to qualify for any of the titles.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

According to @DKnobler, lacava turned down orioles because angelos insisted on keeping his acolytes in key roles

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Source: Jerry DiPoto withdrew from o's job consideration when he was team's top choice. So in effect, two assistant GM's turned them down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 07:48 AM)
Actually I'd guess its more becuase he missed 1/3 of the season with injury and didn't have enough PA's to qualify for any of the titles.

Ah, I didn't even realize he missed time until i looked at his stats. Wow, what an amazing season considering he missed time. And those numbers as a catcher...daaaaamn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

According to @DKnobler, lacava turned down orioles because angelos insisted on keeping his acolytes in key roles

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Source: Jerry DiPoto withdrew from o's job consideration when he was team's top choice. So in effect, two assistant GM's turned them down.

keithlaw keithlaw

From @DKnobler: "LaCava wanted to clear out some FO people whose jobs have been protected by Angelos. Angelos refused"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
keithlaw keithlaw

From @DKnobler: "LaCava wanted to clear out some FO people whose jobs have been protected by Angelos. Angelos refused"

This Orioles GM thing is a complete boondoggle and the Orioles are finally getting some attention nationally for what a horribly run franchise they are. They have no GM and the offseason is about to start, and this is with knowing for months that McPhail was not coming back. They are talking about interviewing Dan Duquette, a guy who hasn't been in baseball in over five years for crying out loud. Baltimore is a great baseball town and the fans just don't care about the team anymore because of the horrible ownership, and I can't blame them.

With McCourt on his way out Angelos and Loria are part of a select group fighting for the always coveted worst owner in baseball title.

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 07:27 AM)
This Orioles GM thing is a complete boondoggle and the Orioles are finally getting some attention nationally for what a horribly run franchise they are. They have no GM and the offseason is about to start, and this is with knowing for months that McPhail was not coming back. They are talking about interviewing Dan Duquette, a guy who hasn't been in baseball in over five years for crying out loud. Baltimore is a great baseball town and the fans just don't care about the team anymore because of the horrible ownership, and I can't blame them.

With McCourt on his way out Angelos and Loria are part of a select group fighting for the always coveted worst owner in baseball title.

And as always must be noted...one of those guys has 2 WS trophies.

Oh, and a new ballpark.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
And as always must be noted...one of those guys has 2 WS trophies.

Oh, and a new ballpark.

What two world series trophies does Loria have? The first title was won under Wayne Huizenga. What does suckering Florida taxpayers into building a new stadium have to do with being a good owner? Loria also murdered baseball in Montreal and does nothing but pocket his revenue sharing checks, he is a s***ty owner.

Edited by hawksfan61

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
What two world series trophies does Loria have? The first title was won under Wayne Huizenga. What does suckering Florida taxpayers into building a new stadium have to do with being a good owner? Loria also murdered baseball in Montreal and does nothing but pocket his revenue sharing checks, he is a s***ty owner.

Really, different owner? I lump them together mentally since they both did the exact same thing.