Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (quickman @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
So let me get this straight, he is suppose to forego 58 million dollars because a few years ago he said he wanted to spend more time with his family? Maybe his wife said Hey mark play for as long as you want, where else can you make 58 million. Do all you people donate your time to Occupy wall street? Its money, its america, he is a baseball player, I am certian he loves his family, I am certain his kids later in life when he is 50 will love the lifestyle he provides. I am certain his grandchildren will thank the heaven above that he put aside his hypocrisy for 58 million and signed down in florida as they rebuild that franchise with a manager he knows very well. I want to spend as much time with my family, but if Microsoft doubled my pay and said I need to work in london the next 4 years and my family blessed it, I gone. Despite the fact that I want to spend more time with my family. Situations only come to you once in awhile, if you don't bit they may never come again.

Nobody reads the entire thread before posting. He can do all of those things, and it's good for him. That still doesn't stop him from being a hypocrite.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
Nobody reads the entire thread before posting. He can do all of those things, and it's good for him. That still doesn't stop him from being a hypocrite.

we all need to check ourselves a bit on the hypocrisy front. I am certain every person is a hypocrite at some point. right god?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
He can do all of those things, and it's good for him. That still doesn't stop him from being a hypocrite.

So does this mean you're done referring to Mark as if he was a female? :P

Admit it Milkman - deep down there's a storm brewing inside you... instead of crying - you just deflect your emotions of sadness into the realm of insult and wit.

Just let go.

It's OK to cry.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
And you are now complaining about the overspending the White Sox did. I wish you could understand the irony of what the Marlins are doing

Complaining about what? Did we not spend a lot of money and get told we were all IN. Apparently that didn't last long. I can see the Marlins are spending a lot of money. Spending money is what you do to sign quality right? What is the plan here? We thought we might go young in 2010-2011 but instead we were ALL IN. Now we are all OUT or so it seems. The direction the Sox management is going is confusing. I think being ALL IN for just one year is a bit crazy. You should have some kind of a long term plan. Apparently we didn't have one. Why don't we think of that instead of this bashing of Soxtalk fans, who want to see us keep our veteran performers together and compete while building up our farm system or signing free agents that can help us. Spend your money on known quantities. Maybe the team management knows something about Mark Buerhle or Sergio Santos that we don't? Maybe MB's arm is going to fall off? Regardless I am a loyal Sox fan. I will be there supporting the Sox, but I do want to have a competitive team. Maybe Dunn will resurface? Maybe Rios will finally perform to expectation? I want to hear more than "It's just time to move on." Sorry if we have negative people here that think all 25 Sox team members are worthless. We have some folks that just seem to want to criticize and ostracize other posters with their smart ass comments attacking people who don't see it their way. I just don't see myself or others as being that negative when we ask the question of where is this team headed. You can get younger, but that doesn't mean we will get better.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
He was a huge hypocrite.... But, this isn't the place for that.

ok fine, how about this, we've all been hypocritical at one point or another in our lives. you don't have to call yourself a hypocrite if you don't want.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)

In YOUR opinion based on YOUR interpretation of his statements.

I interpret his statements as he wanted to stay with the Sox, close to his family, with the org he grew up with. The thought of him leaving was even making him contemplate retirement several times because he didnt want to face the uncertainty.

Now as he faced free agency he was offer no contract by the White Sox, NONE. No other team close to home (Sl Louis) offered him s***. The Marlins came about, showed him love, showed him they cared and valued him and paid him well above market price.

If you think thats hypocritical, then thats you. But I dont see it that way at all. I see a White Sox Organization that had a chance to extend and keep one of their most valuable players ever even before Free Agency and they told him to kick rocks and leave. Just like they've done in the past. Mark is one of the most stand up guys in major league baseball and he deserves every bit of what he just got.

QUOTE (quickman @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
we all need to check ourselves a bit on the hypocrisy front. I am certain every person is a hypocrite at some point. right god?

Ugh, also a bland statement that I've already addressed. Basically that most people are hypocrites, to be sure, but most people don't have a way to voice their hypocrisy to the world and those with that ability often try to keep their mouths shut. At least most players are up front about being all about the money, etc. I don't feel like explaining myself again. Go back and read it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
Complaining about what? Did we not spend a lot of monery and get told we were all IN. Apparently that didn't last long. I can see the Marlins are spending a lot of money. Spending money is what you do to sign quality right? What is the plan here? We thought we might go yound in 2010-2011 but instead we were ALL IN. Now we are all OUT or so it seems. The direction the Sox maangement is going is confusing. I think being ALL IN for one year is a bit crazy. You should have some kind of a long term plan. Apparently we didn't have one. Why don't we think of that instead of this bashing of Soxtalk fans, who want to see us keep our veteran performers together and compete while building up our farm system or signing free agents that can help us. Spend your money on known quantities. Maybe the team management knows something about Mark Buerhle or Sergio Santos that we don't? Maybe MB's arm is going to fall off? Regardless I am a loyal Sox fan. I will be there supporting the Sox, but I do want to have a competitive team. Maybe Dunn will resurface? Maybe Rios will finally perform to expectation? I want to hear more than "It's just time to move on." Sorry if we have negative people here that think all 25 Sox team members are worthless. We have some folks that just seem to want to criticize and ostracize other posters with their smart ass comments attacking people who don't see it their way. I just don't see myself or others as being that negative when we ask the question of where is this team headed. You can get younger, but that doesn't mean we will get better.

WHEN YOU GO ALL IN AND LOSE YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT.

WE HAVE NOTHING LEFT. WE LOST. NO MONEY. CANT SPEND ON PLAYERS WITH NO MONEY.

QUOTE (quickman @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)

Being a hypocrite shouldn't preclude one from calling another a hypocrite, after all they're just doing what comes natural.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
In YOUR opinion based on YOUR interpretation of his statements.

I interpret his statements as he wanted to stay with the Sox, close to his family, with the org he grew up with. The thought of him leaving was even making him contemplate retirement several times because he didnt want to face the uncertainty.

Now as he faced free agency he was offer no contract by the White Sox, NONE. No other team close to home (Sl Louis) offered him s***. The Marlins came about, showed him love, showed him they cared and valued him and paid him well above market price.

If you think thats hypocritical, then thats you. But I dont see it that way at all. I see a White Sox Organization that had a chance to extend and keep one of their most valuable players ever even before Free Agency and they told him to kick rocks and leave. Just like they've done in the past. Mark is one of the most stand up guys in major league baseball and he deserves every bit of what he just got.

All that needs is a soundtrack by Sting and it'd be a great movie.

I'm done on the subject.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)
WHEN YOU GO ALL IN AND LOSE YOU HAVE NOTHING LEFT.

WE HAVE NOTHING LEFT. WE LOST. NO MONEY. CANT SPEND ON PLAYERS WITH NO MONEY.

And I won't say we don't have or not have the money. I don't know, but I really think we do and wouldn't have made the commitments we did last year and before in salary if we didn't. I understand your argument it's just that I am not sold on it

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
Just want to add, according to multiple reports, after Marlins made the insane offer... Mark and agent contacted the Sox one more time to give them a chance to make a contending bid. KW said thanks, can't do it, good luck.

And that was a great call. I'm proud of JR for letting it go.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
All that needs is a soundtrack by Sting and it'd be a great movie.

I'm done on the subject.

You should be, you couldnt even support your viewpoint with his quotes in your black and white world. Judgmental internet saints like you are generally very different in real life, I hope for your sake you are as saintly as you expect your pro athletes to be.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
And I won't say we don't have or not have the money. I don't know, but I really think we do and wouldn't have made the commitments we did last year and before in salary if we didn't. I understand your argument it's just that I am not sold on it

maybe this will sell you.

owners make money by selling tickets.

fans buy tickets.

when teams suck, there are no fans.

no fans, means no tickets sold.

no tickets sold means no money for owners.

no money for owners means no opening up wallet to INCREASE payroll.

NOT. EVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
And that was a great call. I'm proud of JR for letting it go.

I really can't be angry with any of them. Right call for Mark to keep giving the Sox a shot to be in the ballpark, and right call for KW and/or JR to say they can't do it for that money.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
Just want to add, according to multiple reports, after Marlins made the insane offer... Mark and agent contacted the Sox one more time to give them a chance to make a contending bid. KW said thanks, can't do it, good luck.

They had their chances all year and a few days ago. KW apparently made up his mind.