Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
I agree with the sentiment you are expressing. This has been a very frustrating season and isn't done yet as far as disappointments. Apparently theSox feel Buerhle can't offer them a quality season or four anymore. Or Jerry is broke. If he is broke then he should save money by canning KW. I don't see the Sox addressing the real issues or problems with this team. All you hear and have now seen is dump salary. With MB and Juan Pierre gone and Vizquel and Castro and also Santos we have cut around $20M plus and keep high paid non-performers. It will take awhile to accept the direction the team is headed and hopefully by ST we can get positive again

If you think it's bad now, wait another two weeks. Repeat after me...trying to compete when you're rebuilding is idiotic.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
I agree with the sentiment you are expressing. This has been a very frustrating season and isn't done yet as far as disappointments. Apparently theSox feel Buerhle can't offer them a quality season or four anymore. Or Jerry is broke. If he is broke then he should save money by canning KW. I don't see the Sox addressing the real issues or problems with this team. All you hear and have now seen is dump salary. With MB and Juan Pierre gone and Vizquel and Castro and also Santos we have cut around $20M plus and keep high paid non-performers. It will take awhile to accept the direction the team is headed and hopefully by ST we can get positive again

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:53 PM)
He didn't pick Ozzie, he picked 4 years, $58M. That's more than the Sox payed him 4 years ago when he was in his prime. The Marlins are throwing around metric f***tons of money, overbidding like mad, Mark took the best offer on the table, I do not expect you to understand this concept.

They are all IN. Sound familiar?

SMH at this entire post

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Well hell, for 4/58, I don't care of KW was able to make his trades first or not. I love Mark, but he isn't worth that risk. Florida is out of their minds doing this, and the rest of the disaster they are staging.

That said, I will stand and cheer for Mark on his return to The Cell. Classy guy, and one of my faves of all time on the Sox. I hope he does great, except against us.

And I can't blame him for taking the deal, even with the circus. Sounds like most teams were offering 3 years, in the $36M-$39M territory. Kind of hard to turn down $20M guaranteed. Like fathom said, if he went for 3/36 or something, then I'd be more pissed at KW. As it is, better we didn't sign him.

Man good post, agree 100%

Well hell, for 4/58, I don't care of KW was able to make his trades first or not. I love Mark, but he isn't worth that risk. Florida is out of their minds doing this, and the rest of the disaster they are staging.

That said, I will stand and cheer for Mark on his return to The Cell. Classy guy, and one of my faves of all time on the Sox. I hope he does great, except against us.

And I can't blame him for taking the deal, even with the circus. Sounds like most teams were offering 3 years, in the $36M-$39M territory. Kind of hard to turn down $20M guaranteed. Like fathom said, if he went for 3/36 or something, then I'd be more pissed at KW. As it is, better we didn't sign him.

What risk are you seeing... The guys early 30's doesn't throw hard.. moving to the NL... This might be a great steal for that type money.. He could win easy 20 games.

If given the choice, the Marlins made the right move... Mark over Wilson... Now Wilson's deal... That isn't worth the paper it will be printed on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)

I don't think it'll be a disaster...the most efficient use of their money, probably not, but let's face it, Mark has dominated the NL throughout his career. I think he'll probably earn most of that money.

The issue is they need to make a splash for opening day and they are having trouble luring the guys necessary to do so. Mark was a beneficiary of this. But honestly, of all the risky contracts they could have given out, I doubt this one comes back to burn them too badly.

I don't even know how to make sense of this line. There's a big difference between feeling that he can give you one quality season or four. You don't sign someone you don't think will give you four quality seasons for four years if you don't think he's capable of it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
That's what people keep getting confused. I think they're just so damn quick to defend him about anything that they can't step back and realize that we're not attacking the man, but basically just stating a fact.

The problem is that it is not a fact.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
Thank you.

So let me get this straight, he is suppose to forego 58 million dollars because a few years ago he said he wanted to spend more time with his family? Maybe his wife said Hey mark play for as long as you want, where else can you make 58 million. Do all you people donate your time to Occupy wall street? Its money, its america, he is a baseball player, I am certian he loves his family, I am certain his kids later in life when he is 50 will love the lifestyle he provides. I am certain his grandchildren will thank the heaven above that he put aside his hypocrisy for 58 million and signed down in florida as they rebuild that franchise with a manager he knows very well. I want to spend as much time with my family, but if Microsoft doubled my pay and said I need to work in london the next 4 years and my family blessed it, I gone. Despite the fact that I want to spend more time with my family. Situations only come to you once in awhile, if you don't bit they may never come again.