Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
It's not immoral, and most people would do the same thing. I don't blame him whatsoever. It's just hypocritical of most of his previous comments during his times with the White Sox. Just disappointed personally, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

That's what people keep getting confused. I think they're just so damn quick to defend him about anything that they can't step back and realize that we're not attacking the man, but basically just stating a fact.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
It looks like another Sox pitcher might be heading to the Marlins as well.. Marlins are very interested in trading for John Danks.

Hell will freeze over or Kenny would have to be blown away, no way he let's Ozzie have his best pitcher

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
This is infuriating. When will KW be fired.

Mark picks MONEY

What a joke of an organization. And where was Jerry to intervene in this one?? And express Paulie-like love for Mark?

Cheapass owner.

fixed

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)

Mark picks Oz.

What a joke of an organization. And where was Jerry to intervene in this one?? And express Paulie-like love for Mark?

Cheapass owner.

:unsure:

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:50 PM)

Mark picks Oz.

Cheapass owner.

I'll be honest, I'm incredibly proud of Jerry and KW for not matching this offer.

Mark picks Oz.

Cheapass owner.

You are so clearly an Ozzie fan and an incidental White Sox follower. Please, just go away. I'm really honest with this. They bring you no joy and you sully everything you touch here.

Mark picks Oz.

Cheapass owner.

He didn't pick Ozzie, he picked 4 years, $58M. That's more than the Sox payed him 4 years ago when he was in his prime. The Marlins are throwing around metric f***tons of money, overbidding like mad, Mark took the best offer on the table, I do not expect you to understand this concept.

Mark picks Oz.

Cheapass owner.

This comment immediately takes away all credibility from anything else in your post.

Well hell, for 4/58, I don't care of KW was able to make his trades first or not. I love Mark, but he isn't worth that risk. Florida is out of their minds doing this, and the rest of the disaster they are staging.

That said, I will stand and cheer for Mark on his return to The Cell. Classy guy, and one of my faves of all time on the Sox. I hope he does great, except against us.

And I can't blame him for taking the deal, even with the circus. Sounds like most teams were offering 3 years, in the $36M-$39M territory. Kind of hard to turn down $20M guaranteed. Like fathom said, if he went for 3/36 or something, then I'd be more pissed at KW. As it is, better we didn't sign him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:50 PM)

Mark picks Oz.

Cheapass owner.

I agree with the sentiment you are expressing. This has been a very frustrating season and isn't done yet as far as disappointments. Apparently theSox feel Buerhle can't offer them a quality season or four anymore. Or Jerry is broke. If he is broke then he should save money by canning KW. I don't see the Sox addressing the real issues or problems with this team. All you hear and have now seen is dump salary. With MB and Juan Pierre gone and Vizquel and Castro and also Santos we have cut around $20M plus and keep high paid non-performers. It will take awhile to accept the direction the team is headed and hopefully by ST we can get positive again

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
Well hell, for 4/58, I don't care of KW was able to make his trades first or not. I love Mark, but he isn't worth that risk. Florida is out of their minds doing this, and the rest of the disaster they are staging.

That said, I will stand and cheer for Mark on his return to The Cell. Classy guy, and one of my faves of all time on the Sox. I hope he does great, except against us.

And I can't blame him for taking the deal, even with the circus. Sounds like most teams were offering 3 years, in the $36M-$39M territory. Kind of hard to turn down $20M guaranteed. Like fathom said, if he went for 3/36 or something, then I'd be more pissed at KW. As it is, better we didn't sign him.

completely agree with all of this. well said

Mark picks Oz.

Cheapass owner.

I'm an Ozzie fan as well, think Kenny should have Gone... But no way does this team need MB56 on it. So makes it 2 Marlins Jerseys I need to get this off-season.

What's Cheap.. How does having Mark on this squad get the White Sox to be a contender again?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 05:59 PM)
I agree with the sentiment you are expressing. This has been a very frustrating season and isn't done yet as far as disappointments. Apparently theSox feel Buerhle can't offer them a quality season or four anymore. Or Jerry is broke. If he is broke then he should save money by canning KW. I don't see the Sox addressing the real issues or problems with this team. All you hear and have now seen is dump salary. With MB and Juan Pierre gone and Vizquel and Castro and also Santos we have cut around $20M plus and keep high paid non-performers. It will take awhile to accept the direction the team is headed and hopefully by ST we can get positive again

hahaha we're addressing the issues by blowing the team up. The whole team is an issue. We're not competing next year or for a couple. Get used to it.