Thanksgiving

Texsox

27 members have voted

1. 1. Where will you be this Thanksgiving?

• Family and/or friends are coming here
    • I am travelling to be with family / friends
    • By myself watching football
    • At the bar
    • Some place else
  2. 2. What's on the menu?

• Turkey
    • Ham
    • Beef
    • Pork
    • Vegetarian
    • Turducken
    • Whatever I find in the fridge

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Year 7 of going to my family first, her family second, and trying to eat two full meals. It's a struggle.

Gotta treat the first meal as a "tasting sampler" and then go all out on the 2nd meal.

Good thing I love thanksgiving food.

As a less-than-domestically-talented single woman, I was happy to stay at home and catch up on work stuff with football on the tv, but then my Dad called.

"Did you eat?"

"Yes."

"No you didn't. Meet me at Bar Louie in 20 mins."

Awesome.

Tuscan chicken cavatappi and 2 pints of hard cider... Just like the Pilgrims, right?

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Edited by SouthSideTeacher

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 23, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
You're crazy. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and it's not even close. My whole family on my mom's side (and quite a few from my dad's side), which is a ton of people, always goes to my parents' house. That's only a few blocks from my place, and then I'll probably stop in at my girlfriend's family's house later in the day. Luckily, that is only a block from my parents.

I don't like thanksgiving food for one and both sides of my family are insane. Thank god for football. Black Wednesday>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanksgiving to me.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Seriously. There are tons and tons of "Thanksgiving food". How the hell can someone like nothing but the rolls?

There are so many types of meats, potatoes, vegetables, casseroles, sauces, breads etc that you can make, it must just be their family cooking ability or selection then. It's crazy how many types of foods you can serve on Thanksgiving and still be considered 'traditional.'

Seriously. There are tons and tons of "Thanksgiving food". How the hell can someone like nothing but the rolls?

I don't like Turkey, stuffing is ok, mashed potatoes are ok, and I do enjoy some of the sides my relatives make but I'd much rather just get a pizza or a burger or something, add that to the fact that 90 percent of my family makes me want to put a bullet through my head and ya...thanksgiving is not exactly my favorite day...minus the football of course.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
I don't like Turkey, stuffing is ok, mashed potatoes are ok, and I do enjoy some of the sides my relatives make but I'd much rather just get a pizza or a burger or something, add that to the fact that 90 percent of my family makes me want to put a bullet through my head and ya...thanksgiving is not exactly my favorite day...minus the football of course.

Just lost alot of respect in my book Row. I'm going to assume this is just damaged brain cells from the crazy drinking lately to help me sleep better at night.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)

You need help. In many ways.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Just lost alot of respect in my book Row. I'm going to assume this is just damaged brain cells from the crazy drinking lately to help me sleep better at night.

Doubtful.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
You need help. In many ways.

Ya, love you too.

Came home from school on Tuesday w/ my cousins.

Nephew turned 2 on Wednesday, spent the day w/ him and my close family

Thanksgiving on Thursday at my Aunt's house w/ the whole family, aunts/uncles, cousins, grandmothers

Friday went to another Aunt's house for leftover food, other family coming in to town, played games all night

Saturday going to my brother's house for my Nephew's big birthday party, will be there all day and night.

Sunday driving back to school w/ my cousins.

All this while one of my cousins stays at our house for the week.

Needless to say, I am getting TONS of family time right now. Good news is that I don't hate my family.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 26, 2011 -> 01:43 AM)
Came home from school on Tuesday w/ my cousins.

Nephew turned 2 on Wednesday, spent the day w/ him and my close family

Thanksgiving on Thursday at my Aunt's house w/ the whole family, aunts/uncles, cousins, grandmothers

Friday went to another Aunt's house for leftover food, other family coming in to town, played games all night

Saturday going to my brother's house for my Nephew's big birthday party, will be there all day and night.

Sunday driving back to school w/ my cousins.

All this while one of my cousins stays at our house for the week.

Needless to say, I am getting TONS of family time right now. Good news is that I don't hate my family.

For some reason this feels like it is missing a Guillen mention.

Well I don't really like Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Pie, Stuffing, Cranberries, or any kind of Casserole.