Pujols to LAAA

southsider2k5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
Would you rather rely on Freese, Craig, and Jay, or Beckham, Rios, and Dunn to be key offensive producers.

That Holliday deal in particular now looks awful.

I assume the Cardinals realized that he was going to be gone as they were not going to pay him over $22M a year for 10 years. That lineup is still pretty good and the rotation is solid. Oh and they have $20M to spend.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
Would you rather rely on Freese, Craig, and Jay, or Beckham, Rios, and Dunn to be key offensive producers.

That Holliday deal in particular now looks awful.

Freese, Craig, & Jay probably. I'm not saying that their offense won't miss a beat without him. But to use the term "completely screwed" is wrong. They can still compete for the NL Central in 2012.

January 2011

How about the Angels? I saw an article somewhere and posted about it in the off-season catch all thread. They missed out on their targets this year, maybe once the cost of Crawford and others got too much for them they decided to hold off and throw the bank at Pujols next year.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...03#entry2315322

:-)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
The Rays told me to tell you to not forget about them.

Ok, I'll give you that.

Well over .500 teams next year...NY, Bos, TB, Det, LAA, Tex

A couple teams around .500---Toronto, maybe KC or Cle.

The rest...garbage.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
I assume the Cardinals realized that he was going to be gone as they were not going to pay him over $22M a year for 10 years. That lineup is still pretty good and the rotation is solid. Oh and they have $20M to spend.

I don't believe they have that much to spend on anyone but Pujols.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
I count $116 million for only Pujols, Wells, Hunter, Wilson, Weaver, Haren, Santana. That still leaves 18 more roster spots

Abreu is owed 9 mil next year so 125 with 17 spots. They have a cheap closer but where do they put everyone? Kendrys at dh pujols first but then where do abreu and trumbo go? While they are in the spending mood they should just take rios.

QUOTE (soxsider11 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
Abreu is owed 9 mil next year so 125 with 17 spots. They have a cheap closer but where do they put everyone? Kendrys at dh pujols first but then where do abreu and trumbo go? While they are in the spending mood they should just take rios.

Pretty sure Morales is no longer in their plans. That injury in 2010 looks to be career threatening. They'll probably just non-tender him.