2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 09:41 PM)
Of course a ROSE/HOWARD combo would be incredibly effective... but if God forbid one of them were to go down with an injury, what good does it do you to send your entire supporting cast--as well as future draft picks and a TON of cash-- packing? They'd still just be a one man show. Ugh. Maybe I'm just not the gambling type.

What happens to the Bulls if Rose gets hurt right now?

Spoiler alert: they'd make the playoffs (MAYBE) and lose in the first round.

Edited by Felix

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
I wouldn't say "poorly constructed" as much as "basketball challenged". They have some insanely athletic players but few skills and no basketball IQ. Wall and McGee are nice pieces (though Wall isn't there yet obviously), but Blatche is clueless and they don't have anyone that can shoot.

I was at the game, for the first half their offense was basically "stand around and wait for John Wall to do something"

I just noticed that the league play is a lot worse this year. You got the ugly fest in the Philly vs Magic game. You got D Rose putting up 1 point higher in PER for playing arguably worse than last year statistic wise. And you got Lebron putting up a historical PER by basically putting up the same numbers he did in his last year in Cleveland.

P.S. If Lebron keeps playing like this, he would beat Jordan for the best PER ever in a season. I certainly don't want that to happen.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
P.S. If Lebron keeps playing like this, he would beat Jordan for the best PER ever in a season. I certainly don't want that to happen.

Yet I don't think a single person would ever take him over Jordan :)

The postgame locker room carried a light feel, a sharp contrast to just over 24 hours earlier in Miami. Noah, in a nod to his playmaking prowess, even was asked if he ever fantasized about playing point guard.

"Usually when I think of the word fantasize, I think of women," he deadpanned.

via

I am baffled there are still people that hate Noah.

For all the Clipper hate (or Del Negro hate), they're about to be 12-6 and that's with the best "point" guard in the NBA missing half a dozen games. They're still a work in progress, but that's a team I would reckon no western conference foe would want any part of in the first round.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:59 AM)
For all the Clipper hate (or Del Negro hate), they're about to be 12-6 and that's with the best "point" guard in the NBA missing half a dozen games. They're still a work in progress, but that's a team I would reckon no western conference foe would want any part of in the first round.

Mo Williams isn't going to hit 52% of his 3's all year. Not that that's the main reason, but they've been shooting hot. Still a ways to go.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:06 AM)
Mo Williams isn't going to hit 52% of his 3's all year. Not that that's the main reason, but they've been shooting hot. Still a ways to go.

Oh I agree. Just saying. They got a big road win against a very good Denver team last night and pretty much obliterated the Thunder tonight. If Paul can stay on the court from this point on, they're the best team, IMO, in that division with upside.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)
I think that might be the best in game dunk of all time, even tops the Jordan over Ewing dunk, which is popularly recognized with the honor

I disagree.

I'll take:

Barkley coast-to-coast

Kemp over Liston

Nique backwards two handed slam

Pippen over Ewing

Jordan over Ewing

Dr. J rock the baby.

And especially VC over Weis or Alonzo. No dunks will ever touch those.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:22 AM)
I disagree.

I'll take:

Barkley coast-to-coast

Kemp over Liston

Nique backwards two handed slam

Pippen over Ewing

Jordan over Ewing

Dr. J rock the baby.

And especially VC over Weis or Alonzo. No dunks will ever touch those.

Apparently so, since most of those dunks were from the 90's, it just seems like a very stuck up mindset. There has been plenty of amazing dunks since then.

I don't see anything special in that barkley dunk, since he didn't even dunk on anyone. The Kemp and Dr J dunk might have an argument. But I really think the Jordan dunk is more of a historically symbolism dunk (Jordan over Ewing), and a honor for him being the GOAT. Take out the names in that play, and there were quite a few facial dunks like that just from the past decade.

But I haven't never seen a more powerful and athletic dunk, ever, like the dunk tonight. Not only did he dunk on Perkins, he took off from a long distance, jumped so high his head was above the rim, and his arm was fully extended, and threw down a thunderous dunk. the contortion of o his legs just made it more aesthetically pleasing.

If you don't think this dunk can touch any of those dunk, you need to stop living in another era.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:40 AM)
Apparently so, since most of those dunks were from the 90's, it just seems like a very stuck up mindset. There has been plenty of amazing dunks since then.

I don't see anything special in that barkley dunk, since he didn't even dunk on anyone. The Kemp and Dr J dunk might have an argument. But I really think the Jordan dunk is more of a historically symbolism dunk (Jordan over Ewing), and a honor for him being the GOAT. Take out the names in that play, and there were quite a few facial dunks like that just from the past decade.

But I haven't never seen a more powerful and athletic dunk, ever, like the dunk tonight. Not only did he dunk on Perkins, he took off from a long distance, jumped so high his head was above the rim, and his arm was fully extended, and threw down a thunderous dunk. the contortion of o his legs just made it more aesthetically pleasing.

If you don't think this dunk can touch any of those dunk, you need to stop living in another era.

My bad, need to clarify.

The two no dunk will ever touch are VC over Alonzo or Weis.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)
I think that might be the best in game dunk of all time, even tops the Jordan over Ewing dunk, which is popularly recognized with the honor

Meh. He didn't hardly even touch the rim. I don't even like the "dunk".

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 01:58 AM)
Not VC over Alonzo or Weis?

I LOVE the dunk on Weis because he went up and over, but it was an international game against France. The dunk on Zo was awesome, but VC kinda went in sideways and pushed him out of the way. Still incredible.